Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 288 / Visits Today: 288
Highest Active Users: 288
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Choremaster Single Wheel Tractor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
B10Dave Posted - 01/21/2011 : 20:05:42
Went to the local auction last night. Came across a little Choremaster tractor. I have admired these tractors for several years and wanted to acquire one. Usually at shows complete; running, non restored examples are selling in the $200/$250 range. Just a bare frame with rotted tire and no engine are usually priced in the $100/$130 range. I took home this complete non running 1951 model (same birth year as me)for the princely sum of $70. Engine is free but no compression. I suspect a seized valve as it has obviously been sitting in someones shed for a long time. Tire has no age cracks or dry rot. I am very pleased with my latest find. Dave

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ASEguy Posted - 02/02/2011 : 21:09:45
I've never seen or heard of a single wheel tractor like that. Nice acquistion.
78kitty Posted - 01/28/2011 : 13:18:30
Great find! I have one of these I'm working on! I spent a lot of time cultivating with these for my Grandpa when I was little. I considered that fun! In fact before he trusted me in the garden I used to beg him to just let me walk behind it with no attachment on it around our 1 acre yard! I've got a rigid shovel-cultivator like you have, a spring tooth cultivator, and a front mount snow-plow for mine! One of my favorite snow memories as a kid was being off school and using ours to plow snow with my brother and Grandpa. My Gpa's brother-in-law worked at Lodge & Shipley and of course there were a few of these lil beasts in the family!
notso Posted - 01/25/2011 : 06:32:18
Large & Shapely would be the operator Phil
skunkhome Posted - 01/23/2011 : 23:03:51
quote:
Originally posted by notso

Lodge & Shipley aka to a machinist as Loose & Sloppy never knew they made anything other than chipmaking machinery.

I thought that was Large & Shapley
notso Posted - 01/23/2011 : 18:44:29
Lodge & Shipley aka to a machinist as Loose & Sloppy never knew they made anything other than chipmaking machinery.
acdad Posted - 01/22/2011 : 17:38:55
Neat machine and great find.
freddie Posted - 01/22/2011 : 16:32:02
never seen one. very nice. thanks for the pic.
skunkhome Posted - 01/22/2011 : 13:24:38
That thing looks like all business. Was the entire thing made by Clinton or just the engine? Lodge and Shipley was known for their lathes and maybe milling machinery but never heard of the tractors. When I was a pre teen we had a heavy duty mower we all called "The Clinton " . It was a real beast with knives mounted on a belt driven disk blade of about 25". It was self propelled with, I would guess, a 5 hp Clinton .
The mass of the big disc make it just about unstoppable. Once when mowing I ran over a bumble bee nest and while I was dealing with the attack the mower continued on and cut Down a sapling and one of our badminton net poles made of 3/4" iron pipe before I caught up to it and pulled out the clutch rod. I have not seen one since.
B-16_IC Posted - 01/22/2011 : 12:32:20
I've got one of those Briggs powered. Have spring tined cultivator and a furrower for it. The cultivator works great when the plants in the garden get bushy and the rototiller is too damaging. I think the oddest thing about them is steering. Fine tuning of it's path is best done by leaning it a bit, like a motorcycle or bicycle. Fun little things for sure, and they hold the record of being the smallest tractor to be tested at the University of Nebraska tractor tests!
B10Dave Posted - 01/21/2011 : 23:07:56
Larry. Storage space filled long time ago. This is in the way in the shop. LOL. Jon As far as I know they were made from 1948/1953. Came with Clinton some years and Briggs other years.Don't know what else Lodge & Shipley made or for how long. There were lots of attachments for these tractors. 42in. V snow plow, 21in. one way snow plow, reel, rotary and sickle mowers, several styles of cultivators and weeders, riding sulky, two wheel wagon etc. They expected a lot from a 2 1/4 hp. engine. Plan to get it running first and cleaned up. Maybe restore in the future. Dave
oldron Posted - 01/21/2011 : 22:48:24
I have always wanted a one wheeler.That looks like a nice project.
Ron
oldsarge Posted - 01/21/2011 : 22:06:47
Slick!!!
1014211 Posted - 01/21/2011 : 21:05:59
Never heard of that brand, did they get bought up by someone? That is very cool by the way. Are you going to restore it? Get it to running condition? Keep us posted on it.
larry8200 Posted - 01/21/2011 : 20:27:12
I like it! And I'm glad you arent wasting any time filling your new storage space. :)

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1