Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5213 / Visits Today: 3573
Highest Active Users: 5213
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 I have a thing for new rubber (video)update video

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ATF Posted - 09/02/2010 : 22:20:16
I decide to pull the front turf tires, aka rubber anchors, off the Simplicity 7016. I installed 4.80/4.00-8 AG tires man this thing turns with two fingers WITH the front plow on it, next it gets fluid filled rear AGs and along with the 25 lb wheel weights I;m going to forego the chains, around here I just dont think I'll need them,very little snow, more slush and mud.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32x-1sq0q-4
oops forgot the video in the shop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GitaWywuec
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ATF Posted - 09/03/2010 : 18:19:31
I get these at my big tires store, they match any internet price with no shipping, These tires run 23 bucks. The lights look more center lit than they do in real life. It was pitch black and the only thing that showed was the center part of the beam, I can see well on both sides, but I am going to tilt them a smidgen out anyway. I have High speed but it takes a long time to upload, so I figure I don't want to make videos ANY more than 2 minutes tops, around a minute or under and there is very little delay even with dial up
thepatriot Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:41:29
I want some of those tires!What store sells them???
Gray Posted - 09/03/2010 : 13:15:17
I enjoyed the vids - I watched a few others of yours on utube. Thanks for keeping them small - I am on rocket dialup connection - it takes a while; but not bad for vids less than a minute. I just get it downloading, and do something else, then watch the vid.

I really don't get the "hard steering" comments that a lot of people make. Mine seemed hard at first. I greased and oiled anything that moved, and firmed up the steering wheel that was flopping like an out of control frisbee. I just hint at direction, and it goes there, no problem. It's a little effort when tractor is not moving; but even then, not bad.

I do need to eventually replace my front wheel bearings. There's some play there; wheels look a little floppy sometimes. I am not sure what is acceptable in that area (maybe none?). Maybe that helps my steering, I don't know. Keeps on working tho.

Should the front wheels kinda wobble a little bit? It seems hard to firm them up with the set screw system. I did what I could; new bearings would help a bit. Even then, it comes down to pushing the bearing pack with three hands and turning a little allen key. I should do that again cos the grease is probably better packed now - used tons of it, grease everywhere. I feel like a real mechanic when I get grease all over the place. /p

Nice looking little AG tires, ATF. I like the LED lights on the rear too. I am growing my todo list.
skunkhome Posted - 09/03/2010 : 09:44:40
I am curious...Are you head lights spots or floods? It looks like you illuminate a narrow patch many yards out in the front of the tractor. Is that what they do or is it just the limitations of the video camera.
skunkhome Posted - 09/03/2010 : 09:35:35
Oh now that you edited your original post with the shop video I can see that I have the wide turf tires. Heavy steering has always been an issue...so much that I have added thrust bearings to the king pins.

Truly, I did not know whether you meant Ag lugs or Ag tri-ribs! Your new video is most illuminating
ATF Posted - 09/02/2010 : 23:03:20
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

I can't tell what tires I have as it is dark out.

Are you funnin us Phil?
skunkhome Posted - 09/02/2010 : 22:43:27
I can't tell what tires I have as it is dark out.
acb10_64 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 22:41:28
They look great!

Those are the same tires i've got.
ATF Posted - 09/02/2010 : 22:39:04
A guy gave them to me, he wanted the wider ones and accidentally order the skinny carlisles, I can get these at my local tire store for under 20 bucks apiece
skunkhome Posted - 09/02/2010 : 22:30:38
Those are good looking tires, where did you get them.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1