Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2185 / Visits Today: 750
Highest Active Users: 2185
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 finished new tank

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
snohiker Posted - 09/02/2010 : 21:35:18
well its done except for paint think ill wait till i paint the whole thing

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snohiker Posted - 09/05/2010 : 22:15:57
my trade is sheet metal fab . been at it for close to 30 years working for the same family . i say family because my boss now is the son of the guy who hired me back in 1981 everything else i know i learned along the way riding dads coat tail sometimes its a curse everyone knows you can build and fix things so you instantly become there best friend, im sure a lot of you know what i mean
skunkhome Posted - 09/05/2010 : 15:45:07
quote:
Originally posted by Gray

looks great, snohiker

I wish I had welding gear. and the know how to do it.

obtaining the equipment is no big deal. I am finding that attaining the skill is another thing altogether.
Gray Posted - 09/05/2010 : 15:04:58
I am constantly envious of people with welding equipment and the skills to use it. I would like a welder and a free pass to "get over the learning curve free". /p

In highschool, I took a brief welding course, half semester kind of thing. I learned mainly that my classmates were real jokers who always cranked the voltage settings to the max, causing excessive spark showers, and other forms of terrorism. On the acetylene scene, I got real good at burning holes in metal. The course ended when I started to almost improve. (sigh).

I think about getting a basic arc welder - don't know anything, if that would be a good solution. They seem cheaper. I was always fascinated by the power side of this - big bright light, high heat, gluing steel to steel permanently. Another skill I admire is machinist. And fabrication. Welding seems the hot item for tractor fabs. And I have steel lying around in my garage, and can't do much with it other than cut and drill and file and grind and bolt. That's handy; but welding = priceless. Lots to learn; how to get there. Maybe it's not so out of reach.
simplelife Posted - 09/04/2010 : 13:51:07
With those fabricating skills, I can see a new challenger to "American Chopper". Snohikers Custom Tractors! Ground up custom builds, Excellent work. I now realize why my talents are limited. Some people evidently got others share of talent!
snohiker Posted - 09/04/2010 : 10:22:18
thanks guys my dad thought me well
oldron Posted - 09/04/2010 : 09:30:53
Nice job! With my welding it would have been a better sprinkler system.
Ron
B112 Posted - 09/04/2010 : 08:36:28
That was a nice job. This is a first I've seen someone make their own gas tank.
Gray Posted - 09/04/2010 : 03:17:29
looks great, snohiker

I wish I had welding gear. and the know how to do it.
freddie Posted - 09/03/2010 : 22:36:24
GOOD JOB SNO.
snohiker Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:17:57
yes its tigg and the fill and tap are from the old tank i soldered them back on this tank luckily in the right spot just need to put the dent in the side of it for the side panel bolt now i think im going to heat that spot rely hot and press it in
Cvans Posted - 09/03/2010 : 10:25:29
Very nice work. I'm guessing that you used a tig welder.
Chris

gearhead19 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 08:50:03
Looking good, How did you pitch the thread for the cap?

Dan
larry8200 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 08:15:10
As they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention". Nice job.
thepatriot Posted - 09/03/2010 : 06:32:27
Great work!
acb10_64 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 23:33:29
What welder/ welder type are you using??

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1