Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1846 / Visits Today: 1134
Highest Active Users: 1846
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Done for this year...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
larry8200 Posted - 08/22/2010 : 12:28:06
Completely rebuilt front end (Tires, ball joints X 2, bushings X 4, Spacers X 3, spindles and tie rod from 92 GTH-L)

Re-worked and beefed up electrical system: Fuses, lots of wire, "new" S/G, Voltmeter, and Hour/Tach meter.

New center PTO complete, (well, nice used set).

New Seat.

Except rear rims, all new paint.

All new decals.

Replaced last two original belts.

AND most IMPORTANT: E3.10 plug conversion. :)

It's going to outlive me yet!

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ATF Posted - 08/22/2010 : 23:16:12
She is SWEET Larry, ya done a great job. congats on your recovery also. Mike
B-16_IC Posted - 08/22/2010 : 21:06:55
Well larry, we knew you were ornery, but now we know you're tough too! Good job on exceeding the doctor's expectations on recovery! As for the tractor, with tlc, they will outlive us all.
ByronC Posted - 08/22/2010 : 16:53:16
Larry,
You've not ever spoke of having had a stroke.. Dang it, Now you've messed up all the wise cracks I was going to write....

Oh well, I am glad your doing better. The stroke was probably caused from you worrying all those years about that "ROCK" that you dug up and never sent. Then again, with Grimlins in your house, that could have compounded things.
But since you got that grimlin on my A$$ and out of yours, I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A STROKE!!!!

All in all, glad your doing better and you have done a nice job on your Simplicity...

Insert Image:
acb10_64 Posted - 08/22/2010 : 16:21:18
Glad to hear you recovered Larry. Now you have a Sweet Tractor all fixed up! Great Job!

I myself am probably done for this year. Unless i get that Big Ten i put an offer in for, of course.
larry8200 Posted - 08/22/2010 : 14:21:52
quote:
Originally posted by AC716H

Larry that's a sweet machine.

Tell me about the e-plug.. where'd you get it, what part # and most importantly, what benefits have you noticed?

The plug is an "E3" brand. It has a different configuration on the electrode.

See my post here: http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3530&SearchTerms=e3
AC716H Posted - 08/22/2010 : 13:55:10
Larry that's a sweet machine.

Tell me about the e-plug.. where'd you get it, what part # and most importantly, what benefits have you noticed?
larry8200 Posted - 08/22/2010 : 13:49:56
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Larry, you should edit the post to add in a "before" pic.

There isn't really any "before" picture anymore, I just keep improving it as I can, but not all the pictures are pretty either. This from September 2008:

It had sat for 9 months with (I thought) a blown BGB, but was in fact a loose set screw and missing key on the BGB's front coupler.

I had a serious stroke that spring, and after a summer of not being able to walk, the whole place looked like this picture. The doctors said I was unlikely to walk unassisted again, but although I still walk like I've had a few stiff ones when tired, I've been walking short distances unassisted since September of 2008.
freddie Posted - 08/22/2010 : 13:15:30
nice job larry, i to think i am done for the year. i still have 4 tractors to redo. maybe late this fall i will one. i have all the factory paint and decals for two of them. bee 10, and landlord 101.
olcowhand Posted - 08/22/2010 : 13:14:27
Larry, you should edit the post to add in a "before" pic.
B10Dave Posted - 08/22/2010 : 13:04:50
Looking good Larry. Now you can spend some time hunting for a foot dragger to complement it. B10Dave

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1