Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1222 / Visits Today: 1222
Highest Active Users: 1222
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New Hitch Pictures Part 2 and 3 and 4

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ATF Posted - 08/16/2010 : 21:47:54
I found a 1 inch pin at the farm supply store, I'm not sure what is was for, but it fit in the top lift bracket like a glove. It also had a 5/16" hole through one end for a pin, I drilled it out to 3/8" and stuck it in the the top hitch hole and put a bolt through, perfect fit. Then I took off the "handle" and put a pin and clevis in it to attach the top chain. I still have to find the exact length for the chain and cut it, also may change the position of the top chain.

Two more pictures, I really don't know if this set up is good or not, The steel collar stop on the left side, the one with that steps down and rides in the round frame hole, was damaged when I got it off ebay. The set screw was broken off in it. In a butchered attempt to drill it out I broke a hardened titanium drill bit off deep into it. Guess what, cant drill that out. Anyway I just bought another steel collar (shiny part) behind it and tightened it down. I'm going to replace the back bolt with a hook hanger in order to put the chain there, then I can turn the clevis around and hook another chain to pull heavy things.

I'm going to make a round clevis to hook the chain to and move it to the stake and keep the black clevis for adding a pull chain to.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ATF Posted - 08/28/2010 : 14:12:11
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

quote:
Originally posted by ATF

Never was a beer drinker, Kentucky straight bourbon straight, no ice, no mixer, no glass. When I quit was close to half a gallon a day

Mike you are a scream. That would pretty much pickle you.

20 years of it did pickle me, lucky to be alive.
skunkhome Posted - 08/27/2010 : 23:04:20
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

Never was a beer drinker, Kentucky straight bourbon straight, no ice, no mixer, no glass. When I quit was close to half a gallon a day

Mike you are a scream. That would pretty much pickle you.
larry8200 Posted - 08/27/2010 : 22:18:12
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

And to think I get on my own case for a couple of shots and a beer. The smokes have got to go though...
ATF Posted - 08/27/2010 : 22:09:13
B10Dave Posted - 08/27/2010 : 21:48:18
Mike. Gave up the smokes in 1982; gave up 75 pounds of excess weight in 2008 ( have kept off 70 for 2 years now) but don't even think of trying to steal my beer. B10Dave
skunkhome Posted - 08/27/2010 : 07:46:15
I'll take that beer, but only one!
ATF Posted - 08/26/2010 : 23:27:26
Thanks that means a lot, I like clevis's if you haven't noticed. I haven't had a drink in along time, gave it up along with the smokes.
B10Dave Posted - 08/26/2010 : 21:08:38
Mike. The second larger clevis is a very good idea. No drilling, no fuss, no muss. Crack open a beer and pat yourself on the back to celebrate a job well done.
larry8200 Posted - 08/25/2010 : 22:05:49
Just about there huh? Hardly wait to see it working.
ATF Posted - 08/25/2010 : 21:37:53
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

I had never thought of using a hitch pin, looks easier than cutting rod stock down and drilling holes. Especially since my bandsaw's gearbox went south. Will keep that one in mind.

Yeah, especially since the hitch pin came with holes drilled in just the right places, Hey Dave does this set up on the chain lift look better

B-16_IC Posted - 08/25/2010 : 20:56:05
I had never thought of using a hitch pin, looks easier than cutting rod stock down and drilling holes. Especially since my bandsaw's gearbox went south. Will keep that one in mind.
ATF Posted - 08/25/2010 : 07:09:11
Thanks Dave, I'm going to exactly that, then leave that end clevis for attaching the pull chain. I'm trying to figure out whether I want to drill a hole through the rod or use a strap around it, I leaning to the latter. Any input is not only helpful, but greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike
B10Dave Posted - 08/24/2010 : 22:10:39
Mike. Just a suggestion but I think the top attaching point for your lift chain should be straight up from the bottom one. The way it is now looks like it is trying to pull the hitch back at the same time it is lifting and you are losing mechanical advantage. Just my opinion for what it's worth. Great fabricating job. Dave.
ATF Posted - 08/24/2010 : 07:51:10
No it's not brass, it s a regular hitch pin from a cat 2 or cat 3 drawbar, I made the hitch from a 10.00 1/4" thick stabilizer bar I found at the farm supply store, it had two large holes on each end , which I cut off, then I used a torch to bend it, found some scrap steel for the cross pieces and used 5/8" axle bushing from a grasshopper as the sleeve hitch pin, along with 5/8" nuts welded to the frame. I made it very close to factory specs for under 20 bucks, 30 if you count the high dollar drill bit I bought.
7010b1 Posted - 08/23/2010 : 22:13:26
is that brass? good idea is that a home made hitch?

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1