Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 928 / Visits Today: 216
Highest Active Users: 928
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Tough Day

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ATF Posted - 08/16/2010 : 17:07:27
Well it wasn't so tough as it was unproductive. The slide stop set screw on the top lift bracket was broken off, I broke off a real hard drill bit trying to get it out, I'll probably need to buy another one. I pulled the big Kenda 24x12-12's of the back of one of the big Massey's and trying to put them on the Allis 716. I got one side on and found out the other side wouldn't fit unless I could lengthen the axle, which I think is possible, so I put the old tire back on. Im going to get a chain and two clevis's for the rear hitch and a short piece of chain, I did find a 12 inch piece of solid pipe with a large hole drilled through it to hook my chain to. I'm waiting for my narrow wheels so I can mount my 4.80/4.00-8 studded to them for the Allis 716. If anyone needs s set of 16x6.50-8 or 4.80/4.00-8 both bar lug AGs, I can make a pretty good deal on them. I spent the morning researching some swords I got somewhere, I forget, two were Knights of Columbus, one belonged to a 33rd degree Mason named M.K. Zimmerman circa 1920, real FANCY. The last turned out o be a W. H. Horstmann and Sons Civil War Union Officers Saber pretty easy 2,000 bucks, I found several books I had stashed, a first edition signed copy of John Steinbecks, The Red Pony, a 1898 Hiawatha Primer, and a 1879 copy of McGuffey's Eclectic Primer, I have no idea what they might be worth.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ATF Posted - 08/16/2010 : 22:05:33
Yeah I really figure the books as eye candy for someones book shelf. Someone already offered a 100 bucks on the Red Pony, weird little guy, I haven't read the book, this is about a horse right, lol. The civil war sword belonged to this captain in the 5th Pennsylvania volunteers, or something like that.
larry8200 Posted - 08/16/2010 : 17:33:02
The primers are probably not worth anything. The signed Stienbach might be depending on it's rarity and condition. Anything I thought was valuable I would not handle at all or open it, and store them in low humidity and in sealed bags

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1