Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 742 / Visits Today: 30
Highest Active Users: 742
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Tough Day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  17:07:27  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it wasn't so tough as it was unproductive. The slide stop set screw on the top lift bracket was broken off, I broke off a real hard drill bit trying to get it out, I'll probably need to buy another one. I pulled the big Kenda 24x12-12's of the back of one of the big Massey's and trying to put them on the Allis 716. I got one side on and found out the other side wouldn't fit unless I could lengthen the axle, which I think is possible, so I put the old tire back on. Im going to get a chain and two clevis's for the rear hitch and a short piece of chain, I did find a 12 inch piece of solid pipe with a large hole drilled through it to hook my chain to. I'm waiting for my narrow wheels so I can mount my 4.80/4.00-8 studded to them for the Allis 716. If anyone needs s set of 16x6.50-8 or 4.80/4.00-8 both bar lug AGs, I can make a pretty good deal on them. I spent the morning researching some swords I got somewhere, I forget, two were Knights of Columbus, one belonged to a 33rd degree Mason named M.K. Zimmerman circa 1920, real FANCY. The last turned out o be a W. H. Horstmann and Sons Civil War Union Officers Saber pretty easy 2,000 bucks, I found several books I had stashed, a first edition signed copy of John Steinbecks, The Red Pony, a 1898 Hiawatha Primer, and a 1879 copy of McGuffey's Eclectic Primer, I have no idea what they might be worth.

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  17:33:02  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The primers are probably not worth anything. The signed Stienbach might be depending on it's rarity and condition. Anything I thought was valuable I would not handle at all or open it, and store them in low humidity and in sealed bags

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  22:05:33  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I really figure the books as eye candy for someones book shelf. Someone already offered a 100 bucks on the Red Pony, weird little guy, I haven't read the book, this is about a horse right, lol. The civil war sword belonged to this captain in the 5th Pennsylvania volunteers, or something like that.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic