Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 606 / Visits Today: 606
Highest Active Users: 606
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Rear Hitch Update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ATF Posted - 07/30/2010 : 08:01:22
All I have to do is drill five holes, the two hitch pin holes, two stabilizer bolt holes, and the clevis hole. Then I can weld it all together

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 08/14/2010 : 08:21:34
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

it would be better it he had the front counter wieght to make up the diff on the rake.

I think a shorter tongue would make it much easier to lift.
freddie Posted - 08/13/2010 : 13:52:01
it would be better it he had the front counter wieght to make up the diff on the rake.
skunkhome Posted - 08/11/2010 : 07:24:00
quote:
Originally posted by SCUMMY

Gday
this is what i made and it lifts better then i thought it would?
the rake is only good in loose stuff
cheers

Looks like that Simplicity has really had an impact on your place, Scummy. Good investment! I bet that rake is a bear to lift sticking out that far in the rear.
ATF Posted - 08/10/2010 : 19:04:18
Yeah, I couldn't get the back cup and seals and rod out, they weren't too bad though, it all works great now.
olcowhand Posted - 08/10/2010 : 18:47:37
I forgot the lift is operated by cable. My 416 didn't have rear lift, and the only Allis/Simplicity I've ever owned, so I stuck my foot in my7 mouth on that one. Some cylinders are tough to get the piston seals into the tube. Was that your issue?
ATF Posted - 08/10/2010 : 18:03:25
Thanks Daniel, I've heard that before, I hadn't even considered having down pressure on a sleeve hitch, since it's a cable lift, I don't even know how it would be possible. i was thinking of you the other day, when I was helping my buddy with his MF231, we were trying to put a new kit in the power steering cylinder, sure could have used your expertise, lol, just ended up doing half of it, but it works.
olcowhand Posted - 08/10/2010 : 15:49:35
Mike, I'd just use a chain for the lift. This will allow for float. Some want down pressure, but it's nearly useless on garden tractors, as it unloads the rear wheels & traction is lost. The main problem with your lift rod is that it has to bend in order to move, as the rod is rigid mounted and cannot change angle.
freddie Posted - 08/10/2010 : 15:38:39
this my sears that i use for draging the drivway
SCUMMY Posted - 08/10/2010 : 13:30:35
Gday
this is what i made and it lifts better then i thought it would?
the rake is only good in loose stuff
cheers

freddie Posted - 08/01/2010 : 18:52:32
ok i gotcha. thanks.
ATF Posted - 08/01/2010 : 15:25:16
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

quote:

i use mine the same way but i just use the origanal lift. for my tiller, cutavater.and rear plow. what is the advantge of this attactchment. just wondering.

You will need this style of rear hitch to use many of the attachments that are not OEM like rear scraper blades, box blades, or attachments made by Brinley,
Agway, etc... They will not attach to the OE< FDT sleeve hitch like is on your plow. I believe they are needed for the RBTs also.

Really I sure thought they would, older sleeve hitch is just short with no attachment bolts aren't they? This type of hitch allows you to turn with and use implements that need to be drug further back, maybe?
simplelife Posted - 08/01/2010 : 13:55:43
quote:

i use mine the same way but i just use the origanal lift. for my tiller, cutavater.and rear plow. what is the advantge of this attactchment. just wondering.

You will need this style of rear hitch to use many of the attachments that are not OEM like rear scraper blades, box blades, or attachments made by Brinley,
Agway, etc... They will not attach to the OE< FDT sleeve hitch like is on your plow. I believe they are needed for the RBTs also.
freddie Posted - 08/01/2010 : 12:40:17
quote:

freddie Posted - 08/01/2010 : 12:35:27
larry8200 Posted - 08/01/2010 : 12:25:45
I like it

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1