Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2169 / Visits Today: 2169
Highest Active Users: 2169
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Powermax/AC 720 Hybrid

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GarryVH Posted - 07/31/2009 : 21:33:12
Here are some photos of my 720.

I restored this almost 20 years ago - back then, as far as I knew, only original Simplicity decals were available, which is why it does not have AC decals. I have not run this machine since 2002, when I rebuilt the mower deck quills. I hope to get the machine running again this weekend.

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
terdybukrat Posted - 08/29/2009 : 09:47:55
I know purists may think less of me for this, but if mine looked that good and I liked the color, then I couldn't care less about what anybody else thought. Now, if they were offering their money and time to make the change...?
I guess I've always felt that image is nothing. I'd put her back together and plant my big 'ole butt in the seat as often as possible and call it "therapy"!
GarryVH Posted - 08/28/2009 : 16:13:02
Byron,

I have always liked the Simplicity orange - I suppose I could just do a decal "switch-a-roo" and leave it at that...

Garry
ByronC Posted - 08/26/2009 : 20:48:37
I like the darker Orange... Just have some 190XT Allis-Chalmers decals made and be different!!!! :)

Byron
GarryVH Posted - 08/19/2009 : 11:28:10
Michael,

Compliments appreciated, thanks.

AC,

While the paint may still look good, the colors are wrong for an AC 720.

Thanks for the comments.

Garry
AC716H Posted - 08/17/2009 : 19:21:45
The paint looks pretty good to me... can you just remove the Simp stickers and install AC ones?
B112 Posted - 08/16/2009 : 21:00:42
Garry - definitely a nice Job. Thanks for sharing.
GarryVH Posted - 08/16/2009 : 18:43:50
Guys,

I appreciate the comments.

I also ackowledge that although it looks good, the color is wrong and so are the decals. Twenty years ago, I did the best I could with what I knew at the time and what was available then - especially regarding decals.

I now have the CCKB engine out of the machine, becuase of a starter problem. I determined this weekend that the probable cause is a loose solenoid. This happened once before, about 15 years ago. I used blue Loctite then, will use red this time.

Once I get the engine back in the machine and get it running again, I will decide if I want to go through the effort and expense to perform a cosmetic restoration so it looks the way it did when manufactured (like a 720). What scares me is that once I tear the machine apart, there will be a great temptation to do more than a cosmetic restoration.

Regards,

Garry
hoppy Posted - 08/15/2009 : 20:22:27
that tractor looks new! nice!!
oldron Posted - 08/14/2009 : 11:00:49
Nice job!
RBE17 Posted - 08/14/2009 : 10:28:43
Nice restoration. I like the penetrant on the inside of the deck.
B-16_IC Posted - 07/31/2009 : 22:40:34
That sure is a pretty tractor! I like the shot of the deck with the stickers still on the rollers, makes it look NOS.
skunkhome Posted - 07/31/2009 : 21:56:58
those decals look like they are for a Large frame 7000 series but they look pretty decent on the bigger tractor as well. Funny how the decals make the hood look shorter to me.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1