Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1859 / Visits Today: 1859
Highest Active Users: 1859
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Powermax/AC 720 Hybrid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GarryVH

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  21:33:12  Show Profile Send GarryVH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are some photos of my 720.

I restored this almost 20 years ago - back then, as far as I knew, only original Simplicity decals were available, which is why it does not have AC decals. I have not run this machine since 2002, when I rebuilt the mower deck quills. I hope to get the machine running again this weekend.

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  21:56:58  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
those decals look like they are for a Large frame 7000 series but they look pretty decent on the bigger tractor as well. Funny how the decals make the hood look shorter to me.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  22:40:34  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sure is a pretty tractor! I like the shot of the deck with the stickers still on the rollers, makes it look NOS.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

RBE17

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  10:28:43  Show Profile Send RBE17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice restoration. I like the penetrant on the inside of the deck.
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  11:00:49  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice job!

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

hoppy

17 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  20:22:27  Show Profile  Visit hoppy's Homepage Send hoppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that tractor looks new! nice!!
Go to Top of Page

GarryVH

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  18:43:50  Show Profile Send GarryVH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys,

I appreciate the comments.

I also ackowledge that although it looks good, the color is wrong and so are the decals. Twenty years ago, I did the best I could with what I knew at the time and what was available then - especially regarding decals.

I now have the CCKB engine out of the machine, becuase of a starter problem. I determined this weekend that the probable cause is a loose solenoid. This happened once before, about 15 years ago. I used blue Loctite then, will use red this time.

Once I get the engine back in the machine and get it running again, I will decide if I want to go through the effort and expense to perform a cosmetic restoration so it looks the way it did when manufactured (like a 720). What scares me is that once I tear the machine apart, there will be a great temptation to do more than a cosmetic restoration.

Regards,

Garry
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  21:00:42  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Garry - definitely a nice Job. Thanks for sharing.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

AC716H

213 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  19:21:45  Show Profile  Visit AC716H's Homepage Send AC716H a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The paint looks pretty good to me... can you just remove the Simp stickers and install AC ones?
Go to Top of Page

GarryVH

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  11:28:10  Show Profile Send GarryVH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michael,

Compliments appreciated, thanks.

AC,

While the paint may still look good, the colors are wrong for an AC 720.

Thanks for the comments.

Garry
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  20:48:37  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the darker Orange... Just have some 190XT Allis-Chalmers decals made and be different!!!! :)

Byron

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

GarryVH

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  16:13:02  Show Profile Send GarryVH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Byron,

I have always liked the Simplicity orange - I suppose I could just do a decal "switch-a-roo" and leave it at that...

Garry
Go to Top of Page

terdybukrat

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2009 :  09:47:55  Show Profile  Visit terdybukrat's Homepage Send terdybukrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know purists may think less of me for this, but if mine looked that good and I liked the color, then I couldn't care less about what anybody else thought. Now, if they were offering their money and time to make the change...?
I guess I've always felt that image is nothing. I'd put her back together and plant my big 'ole butt in the seat as often as possible and call it "therapy"!

If at first you don't succeed...grab a bigger hammer!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic