Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2062 / Visits Today: 239
Highest Active Users: 2062
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 I am really tempted

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
skunkhome Posted - 03/29/2013 : 23:01:17
To buy this old plow. http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/grd/3705916021.html

We used to have one of those that we pulled behind our B1 using a cable. Since the drawbar on the tractor was much lower than a single tree my job was to walk along between the tractor and the plow, with my right foot in the furrow and the other one on the land to hold up on the cable, keeping the plow from cutting too deep. Oh, those are "fond" memories. Luckily my dad finally sprung for a new 10" drawbar mounted plow . I think still walk with a slight stoop.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B112 Posted - 05/30/2013 : 05:28:51
So what's the description of the lady going in the man's pocket? Is it something about the value of having an authentic identification card for the plow?
B-16_IC Posted - 05/29/2013 : 23:24:00
quote:
Originally posted by oldron

I still have a scraper in the yard,just for decor.

Me too, one steel one like pictured above, and a cast one that is way too heavy to be practical! I'm guessing that's why I've never seen another.
skunkhome Posted - 05/28/2013 : 08:53:12
we had two of those when I was a kid. One was half buried in a large oak. the larger of the two was 12-15 cf and we figured that they had been used some time after WWI to scoop out our pond, build the earthen dams and mine the mud/soil to build the large pitch covered, mud shack my dad used as a shop. We also used it to store food in drums buried in the earthen floors during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
oldron Posted - 05/28/2013 : 07:12:25
I still have a scraper in the yard,just for decor.
lilypad Posted - 05/26/2013 : 23:38:18
Yes, I remember chasing one of those behind our old AC with the hand crank start. I also spent some time chasing a fresno scraper.

The one we had is like the one on the top of the add. Worked pretty good but was hard on the back since the handles were low to the ground.
olcowhand Posted - 03/30/2013 : 09:57:22
That is a "Princess" plow. I have one myself sans the wooden handles. I plan to paint mine up & place in Teresa's flower garden. Mine is also missing the share, but I can mock one up easy enough. Here is a sales card. They were made in many sizes/forms, but mine looks just like the little one you pictured.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1