Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3893 / Visits Today: 397
Highest Active Users: 3893
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Gravely Westchester

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mack Posted - 03/11/2012 : 08:26:15
I've seen Gravelys. But not like this.

Here is a line from the listing.
"Hello! up for sale is a Gravely Westchester. This tractor will be a hit at a Gravely or Studebaker show (made during the Studebaker ownership years)"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gravely-Westchester-lawn-and-garden-tractor-/290682041545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43adfff4c9
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 05/13/2012 : 10:06:21
Here's a video. About like driving a forklift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuJmK_sTAcs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
gotthebug Posted - 05/13/2012 : 09:21:08
I have seen them before at portland fall show,rare to find one in that good of shape,I think it's fiberglass.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/12/2012 : 21:26:01
There's more 'body' on that machine than any I own. Lots of stamping and finish work went into such a little critter. I bet the cost didn't justify the sales margin on that one. It's ugly, but neat!
skunkhome Posted - 05/12/2012 : 20:02:52
I have always thought that they were an attempt by Gravely to get into the four wheel tractor business on the cheap. I understand that they are rare but I also can see why.
olcowhand Posted - 05/12/2012 : 14:33:24
It may be rare, but sure is (I am sorry)...ugly! But then I have some not so pretty tractors myself! LOL
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/12/2012 : 13:06:51
Very interesting!
skunkhome Posted - 05/12/2012 : 08:44:06
Yeah those are weird and have a Rube Goldberg steering mechanism. Did you buy it or just commenting about it.
BRAD1975 Posted - 05/11/2012 : 22:46:16
that is weird..ive owned a few gravely walk-behinds and i can only imagine that if they use the same rigid mounted attachments then that machine would need to articulate in the middle in an up/down manner to raise and lower them
B-16_IC Posted - 03/11/2012 : 10:16:50
That is one rare beast! Never seen one in person. Front end is basically the walk-behind without the handles so those attachments can be used, not sure how it lifts them though. Would be cool to play with.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1