Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 21602 / Visits Today: 873
Highest Active Users: 21602
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Opinions wanted! Speedex 1622

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 10/04/2011 : 09:13:07
Curious what your thoughts are on the tractor in this ad...I may give the guy a call today to feel him out and see if he'll send pics. I don't run across Speedex out here very often, so finding attachments might be a challenge. It would have to be a worker to justify taking up space. I think it's charming, and has hydrolift and foot-controlled hydrostat. I've heard these use a peerless...no clue on if that's good or bad. Fromteh sounds of it, it's an early '80's model, but the styling looks early 70's to me =]

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/2631583104.html

What would be a reasonable offer? I will be where it's listed on Saturday, for a family gathering.

Thanks!
Josh

http://www.speedextractorinformation.com/1622.html
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 10/04/2011 : 21:21:11
Yeah, I emailed him from work, and he won't say a word. I'll have to call tomorrow. FUnny thing is, I recognized his email, and looked back in my AOL account, searching on his name. I've reached out on 4 different tractors from this guy over the last 12-13 months. =/

Each time, he was over-priced, in my opinion. The last was a B207, if I recall correctly. He had another, much older, Speedex as well. Since this is a later model, has foot hydrostat and hydro lift, I'm guessing this is pricey too...probably not worth my time.
skunkhome Posted - 10/04/2011 : 21:15:48
I hate those kinda of ads on CL! Make me an offer. So you call and Make him an offer of $25 and he is delighted or insulted. He knows what he needs to get but wants you to guess. I saw one ad for a vintage tandem Schwinn bicycle, and he literally said " Make me an offer. You know what these are worth so don't bother me with a low ball." As for the tractor call him and see what he needs to get.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1