Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 20277 / Visits Today: 20080
Highest Active Users: 20277
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Cub Cadet 2072 Owners?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
1014211 Posted - 05/26/2011 : 11:23:16
A buddy of mine recently acquired one of these and has asked me to help him (that is how bad he is hurting!). I am going off his decription of the problem so bear with me, I may go look at it tonight. He says the driveshaft from the motor goes into the pump for the hydrostat, and it is leaking horribly. He went through 2 quarts of hyd. fluid to mow his yard. Is replacing that seal a pain? Is that going to basically be a pump rebuild? If it is fairly easy to get to I would try and help him, but if you have to take apart the bowels of the tractor to get to it that would probably be beyond our scope, especially since he needs it back up and running to mow. Any thoughts are appreciated! :)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1014211 Posted - 05/26/2011 : 11:37:07
Ok, from this pic it looks like the shaft goes into the pump directly. I'm not sure I'm up to rebuilding that puppy!!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1