Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 345 / Visits Today: 345
Highest Active Users: 345
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Finishing touches on the Diesel Duratrac. Photos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cvans Posted - 03/26/2011 : 16:37:00
I have never enjoyed doing fiber glass work so finishing the hood
was something that was left till last. Every winter I say that I'm not going to do any painting till it's warm and dry and every winter I try
it again. Turned out better on this project than the Kubota G4200 but still has a long way to go.
First photo is the hood and scoop (air intake for the radiator) in the early stages. The next is in the finished stage.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cvans Posted - 04/28/2011 : 02:17:32
Yes the brackets go forward and actually attach to the outside of the tractor brackets. I've looked at those things several times and they don't look right but they work like a charm.
The loader is a Johnson Work Horse. It's a clean looking loader but it doesn't have the self leveling bucket like my Kwik-way does.
When push comes to shove I'm keeping Johnson and selling the other.

superbinder Posted - 04/18/2011 : 12:26:00
Thanks for the pics, Chris, I know all you have to do is walk me thru this, but the front adjustable arms flip forward to the front mount, right? Initially i thought they were solid in that position. What kind of loader is that on the bolens, looks good. Thanks again,Dave. I got it all figgered out, thanks again
Cvans Posted - 04/16/2011 : 23:54:32
You could be right about the Allis. Simplicity and Allis make great machines.
I've learned my lesson about one thing for sure. If you put a loader
on a tractor make sure that your rear axle shafts are supported by the differential housing all the way out to the
wheels or you will be replacing axles.

B-16_IC Posted - 04/16/2011 : 22:33:58
That looks great! However I think that loader would look better on my Allis! I bet it will be a real workhorse.
Cvans Posted - 04/16/2011 : 20:16:37
Daniel this Bolens must be quite a bit bigger than the Kubota as I can pick up the same weight without
all the ballast. Also the combination feels quite a bit more stable. It's been a long enjoyable project
and one I hope that will remain problem free.

Cvans Posted - 04/16/2011 : 17:55:53
Tom the rear hangar straps for the deck are 8" from hole to hole on center.
Hope this helps.

olcowhand Posted - 04/16/2011 : 08:17:58
Looks great Chris, and yes, more proportionate on the diesel.
Cvans Posted - 04/16/2011 : 00:46:32
Bear with me if you will please. I'm experimenting with photo sizes.

If you will click the address below you will see that the loader looks better on this tractor. The Kubota looks too small.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/cmvans/Kubota7-17-2009001.jpg
Cvans Posted - 04/15/2011 : 22:38:37
Here is the Bolens ready to go out the door.

Out in the daylight.

And the air intake.

The pump mount

Next time I'll make make them bigger.
Cvans Posted - 04/15/2011 : 22:31:16
Oh well. The DX6340 that I purchased for $13.00 from flea-bay will not focus in the zoom mode. Takes great close up and regulare pictures. Another honest description. So I purchased a DX6490 and what a difference. These pictures were taken with that. Phil what software are you using. I just grab them out of my Microsoft phto gallery and go from there.

Here is the mounting holes under the tractor. No measurements though. Sorry.
Back mounting holes. Tried a different sizing procedure and the holes came out tooo small.

middle holes and lift for the lift chains.

oldsarge Posted - 04/15/2011 : 19:53:08
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

" I don't think I like Kodaks Easy Share soft ware either."

I'm sorry Chris, I should have warned you to stay away from Kodak software. Easy share is horrendous.

Now you tell me, after you guys persuaded me to buy a DX 6340 off e-bay.Oh well, for $7.00+ shipping;what the hey!!
skunkhome Posted - 04/15/2011 : 18:55:49
" I don't think I like Kodaks Easy Share soft ware either."

I'm sorry Chris, I should have warned you to stay away from Kodak software. Easy share is horrendous.
olcowhand Posted - 04/15/2011 : 12:12:08
Yeah, I'm on the opposite side of the same storm system, but all rain here. I saw that your end was getting a wintry mix.
Cvans Posted - 04/15/2011 : 12:00:23
I'm not sure about the roller question. I've only used the deck a couple of times. If I had to guess I'd say they are on the
ground during the cut. I'll check the wheels for wear. I'll measure the brackets from hole to hole.

Daniel, As soon as I get it outside today I'll take some more photo's. We have sleet and freezing rain. Burrrrr!
superbinder Posted - 04/15/2011 : 11:42:33
A couple more questions, how long are the dog leg brackets and do the front rollers roll all the time or are they scalp preventers.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1