Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1746 / Visits Today: 407
Highest Active Users: 1746
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 trick to front loader bracket?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2015 :  19:31:00  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the axle housing on my B-10 loader tractor broke so i wanted to move the loader to another B-10, but can't get the bolts out of the front loader bracket. I see now i should have switched transaxles. any tricks on how to get on the head of the bolts without pulling the motor?I might go to plan B

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  00:07:01  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just went thru this over the weekend, I would say just pull the engine. I got the nuts off ok but couldn't get them to tighten without pulling the engine.
Go to Top of Page

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  15:51:33  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that is what irks me, i had both engines over the winter. I should have looked at the bolts, but wasn't planing to switch em then.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  21:25:45  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have had these on and off with relative ease (and elbow grease)

I use a long flathead screwdriver or small prybar and wedge and press it against the nut. I then zap the bolt with an impact with the other hand
Works everytime, installing or removing. I wouldnt consider pulling the engine.

Go to Top of Page

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2015 :  17:12:38  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got both bolts out on one tractor, but the other has loctite, time for some heat
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2015 :  08:19:47  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That'll do it!

Go to Top of Page

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2015 :  20:56:40  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and it worked.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  14:09:24  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic