Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 65 / Visits Today: 65
Highest Active Users: 65
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Went Serfin with the family tonite
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2013 :  21:22:09  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm winning over the 'Boss'...she's beginning to enjoy this hobby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQAoMV9Kpws

I have the B-207 setup to be so very quiet, and it has a small pulley so it gives decent ground speed at low rpm, for quiet cruisin. It's perfect for taking Dominic for cruises, without having to worry about his tiny ears. I worry about that while he's too young to keep earmuffs on, and so it's really the only one I let him around, and we've been having a ball takig rides lately.

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2013 :  22:52:30  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh; you'll be giving the dog a complex. Nice to see that your wife is starting to get into the tractors. It can be a lot of fun to go to shows as a family....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Danny

Australia
183 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2013 :  22:57:28  Show Profile Send Danny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good work mate, looks like your winning her over. We got some "peltor" earmuffs for my young bloke when he was about the same age. My "boss" got them from ebay, she did some research and they are supposed to be really good.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12827 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2013 :  07:43:09  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh, I really like your place looks like a nice quite place, when your not playing on the tractors.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2013 :  10:05:34  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, we're thrilled with the area. We're 15 minutes from my folks place on the lake, where we used to live, but only 10 minutes from town(work, mall, etc). Driving a tractor around is common place, and I'm even finding local vintage tractor enthusiasts at garage sales, the grocery store, etc. =]

The street is a dead end, with 9 homes. I can walk to the Moose lodge for a cheap draft, but cannot see outside our neighborhood as we're surrounded by woods, which I love. It's a great place. We got in cheap, as it needed some work. I re-roofed in May (43 square), am working on getting the lawn back, and about ready to reorganize the landscaping. Powerwashing the place right now. it's so nasty, it looks like I'm painting the house!

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2013 :  10:30:44  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sure is a pretty picture! This hobby is a fine one to enjoy as a family, doesn't require a lot of space or money and it sure involves some great people!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2013 :  16:10:32  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice josh! So is that 'his' tractor? :) I still love saying I only have one tractor when there are several sitting there, as those all 'belong' to the kiddos!! Very cute pic bro.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  05:26:10  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For now, he has several, though I'm not sure we can tell him they are all his, yet. If he ends up with a little brother or sister, or both, he will have to share a few. 'Dominic's tractors' are the Serf 525, AC B-207, Wards Squire 6 and Homelite CT-10. One of each color is what I was shooting for

I can't wait till he can ride around at shows, but sure am enjoying him right now.

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  07:13:57  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my word I would need a hangar if I was going for one of each color for my kiddos!! HAHA! I had a lead on a Homelite livery small tractor but didn't do it because it needed alot of work and I honestly wondered if 4 of the kids had orange and one kid had a different color if it would be weird for her. If I ever get an Allis or a PowerMax I will get it for the Mrs. :) Forgot to mention that is one sharp B207, Josh. I wish I could get my tractors that clean.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  10:14:18  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are the others. I have a second Serf coming, a non running 535, along with the CT-10 (bought from the original owner!). We'll see what they need. (I bought the 535 for the amazing seat, which is the only thing I need for my 525). The Squire 6 I'm hoping to redo with my Little Man, if I can stand to wait that long.

You should have seen us last nite. My sister and brother in law stopped over and we burned a half tank of gas through the B207 and 525 with the kids. Then my BIL commandeered the Sovereign 18, and wouldn't leave that thing alone! The neighbors are getting used to the 'tractor people' =]

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  10:47:08  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are SA-WEET! I love the little tractors. So useful and take up so little space. That Squire 6 is really cool. I like having both the 515 and 535 Serf's, bookends the production run. :) Just need to get them touched up and running good. How much you charge for your labor, Josh?? :)

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  13:05:14  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1014211

Those are SA-WEET! I love the little tractors. So useful and take up so little space. That Squire 6 is really cool. I like having both the 515 and 535 Serf's, bookends the production run. :) Just need to get them touched up and running good. How much you charge for your labor, Josh?? :)

I'm getting a real kick out of the little ones too. I kinda got one of each body style, while covering the color spectrum, too. That Serf is practically a zero-turn mower! It'll push some snow, too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG1gXxvfHjc

I don't charge for labor...as long as I have someone to chew the fat with while I work.

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  21:04:14  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First time I have ever heard drinking beer as " chew the fat " LOL. Trying to not let the Better Half know how much beer gets consumed in the shop? HA HA HA....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  21:09:04  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, you don't know the half of it! =] The shop attic is the perfect place for the SECOND beer fridge.

Go to Top of Page

lilypad

USA
638 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  22:58:57  Show Profile  Visit lilypad's Homepage Send lilypad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you lived in the Upper Peninsula you would be collecting Oshkosh trucks so you could plow snow.

RLM
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  14:49:17  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Little bit of an update....Stole the Serf seatpan from the 535, and stuck it on the 525. There is a slightly different bolt pattern on the seatpans, but the metal seat frames are identical...almost like Simplicity made the seats, knowing they would change the bolt pattern later on.

Then, I set out to investigate the 'non-running' condition of the CT-10. Battery is junk, and the ground cable was broken at the terminal. Fixed those issues, and still nothing. I jumped the starter off my HB, and to my surprise, it cranked and fired right up! I've been jumping it and taking Jr for rides on his new Blue tractor all weekend =] Still need to figure out why the starter isn't getting juice though, and it needs clutch adjustment and a replacement seat option. otherwise, it's a clean, well kept machine.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic