Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1645 / Visits Today: 1645
Highest Active Users: 1645
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 JD 430 Diesel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  10:36:08  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not having another tractor with a loader does make moving a dead Kubota a problem. One of the shortcomings that should have been corrected during the design phase.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  11:06:22  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wrong about deck wheel settings. They are to be 1/4" from a flat surface with the travel limiter set for that height. They ARE for anti-scalp/anti-dig! I set them correctly, then mowed a spot. Mowed even nicer than yesterday,& no divets this time. The back of the deck was way higher than the front yesterday.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  11:33:22  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

Not having another tractor with a loader does make moving a dead Kubota a problem. One of the shortcomings that should have been corrected during the design phase.

That's the thing with my Bota....she always starts! Only one time did I ever have a problem, and it was in my drive, already out of the shed. She started stumbling, then died. Was just a clogged fuel filter, and an easy fix.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  12:30:44  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know about later models but the G1800 also had no provision for free wheeling.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  12:52:00  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

quote:

I don't know about later models but the G1800 also had no provision for free wheeling.

I have no idea as to whether the G4200 does or not. Never needed to know.

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  15:36:48  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That's the thing with my Bota

I think the only time I've had to think about it is when I forgot to put fuel in it. If you shut it down right away it will start right up again when the fuel is added. I did a dumby once and tried to nurse it back to the shed. That time I had to purge air out of everything.
quote:
I have no idea as to whether the G4200 does or not. Never needed to know.

To the best of my recollection there is no free wheel provisions on these tractors. I could see where that could be a hassle.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  15:43:22  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've ran my JD F935 out of fuel ONCE. Once is all it takes to never let it happen again! Liked to never have gotten it bled to fire!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  18:29:33  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only issues I had with either tractors was with the batteries and I am not sure the glow plugs worked on my g1800. Cold weather starts were a bear but if I ran a hair dryer in the air intake to preheat the air it cranked up pretty easy.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  18:47:02  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cold weather is Baton Rouge??? Your glow plugs must not have been working, as they do fine here unless it gets below freezing. My Kubota will start better than my other diesels in cold weather. My MF1010 has working glow plugs, but below freezing still requires plugging in the block heater. It's the coldest natured one of them all.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  18:57:17  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only issues I had with either tractors was with the batteries and I am not sure the glow plugs worked on my g1800. Cold weather starts were a bear but if I ran a hair dryer in the air intake to preheat the air it cranked up pretty easy.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  19:00:36  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I got that the 1st time Phil!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  22:38:41  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What are you talking about Daniel. I didn't hear an echo echo echo .......

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2012 :  08:05:02  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

quote:

quote:

I got that the 1st time Phil!

darn iPad!

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2012 :  08:09:12  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Cold weather is Baton Rouge??? Your glow plugs must not have been working, as they do fine here unless it gets below freezing. My Kubota will start better than my other diesels in cold weather. My MF1010 has working glow plugs, but below freezing still requires plugging in the block heater. It's the coldest natured one of them all.

I had no difficult with the G5200 with its manually activated glow plugs but the g1800 went thru the starter switch which may have been defective. In fact as I recall I had to install a manual shutoff for the same reason.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic