Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8987 / Visits Today: 4890
Highest Active Users: 8987
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 I hope this works.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnb212

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  20:07:02  Show Profile Send Johnb212 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope this photo makes it to the post. It is of the rebuild of Allice a B212 that was my first AC.

Two year old grandson Zack checking it out. This is what "Allice" looked like before I tore it apart.

I wanted a cast front axle for the loader and because I like the way they look, The replacement axle is from a IH cub but since the IH had a wimpy spindal assemblies with 1/2" spindals I bored it out to 1", bushed it to 3/4" drilled it for grease fittings and installed the B212 spindals so I could use the AC wheels with bearings and races. I added prelubed thrush washers between the axle and spindals. The original tie rod worked but again I didn't like the looks of it so I replaced it with a heavier one with ball sockets.
I had to cut and shorten the drag link by about 1". The tractor sits about 1" higher in the front than it did with the 6" tires and rims, the three ribs tires also added to the added height. It steers the same with the same ratio. I will add photos becasuse there are several other changes I made for those who don't mind my tampering with a great original tractor. I did buy a HB212 that I will not change when I start on it.

The best time to make friends is before you need them.

Edited by - Johnb212 on 05/08/2012 20:32:21

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  20:40:53  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice! And the pics made it!

Go to Top of Page

Johnb212

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  21:18:28  Show Profile Send Johnb212 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a surprise, It's still clumsey but I'll keep working at getting photos posted better and in some type of order. Have a good laugh at my efforts at my expense. The tractor and loader are back together with a few minor items to finish.

The best time to make friends is before you need them.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  05:35:22  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see closeups of your axle conversion. That looks neat...never seen anyone do that before.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic