Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2391 / Visits Today: 2391
Highest Active Users: 2391
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Our First Little One!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  21:06:17  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It slightly resembles some of it's kin, but was an adopted brother from a far away land (Kansas)

He needs a some components, and I have little confidence in the (replacement) engine, but we'll make something of it down the line. Deck is in great shape, and the rear AG's are new. It came with the dozer hitch too, and the PO is looking for the bronze blade.

Anyone seen one before? I found one archived pic from a decade ago, but that's it.

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  21:15:12  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this one of those swivel hip models that pivots in the center? I have yet to see one in person.
Neat little tractors.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  22:04:03  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, I was expecting something totally different from that title!

I have seen one, I thought hard about buying it but bought another instead. I do like that color.

Since you said "our" does that meen the better half is coming around to the value and virtue of this fine hobby?

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  04:55:19  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im trying to make this one hers....it's not taking well, but I'm embracing the idea.

Chris, yes, this is a Wards version of the early Broadmoor. I had never seen one until this, and after searching exhaustively, found only one picture online of another. I want to find that again to see if it's the same maxhine (telltale markings, paint, etc)

Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  15:04:52  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice tractor for Mama or for your 1st born! What's On the trailer in front of it?

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Edited by - acdad on 04/25/2012 15:08:07
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  15:41:14  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by acdad

Very nice tractor for Mama or for your 1st born! What's On the trailer in front of it?

That's the B-10 I picked up a while back. Both of them are on the wait list. The B-10 is in great shape but does not run. i have a 16 to drop in that some day. My mind is not made up on the '6'. I'm thinking it needs to retain it's original finish. It will probably clean up nice, but the hood needs some attention.

Interestingly, the front tires are solid, not pneumatic. Were those ever used on the small frames? The other picture I found of a Squire 6 shows the diamond tread pattern like that found on the Broadmoors.

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  16:52:33  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To me all four tires look small. I have not run across any broadmoors with solid tires. The one I looked at was I believe a seven after thinking about it, it had all air tires. The young fellow that had it is a member on the other channel, I think his first name is Reagan.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  18:20:04  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh, I envision Dad and his 1st born parading around on your Squire 9 and the child on the new "mini me" someday!

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

canawler

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  20:50:26  Show Profile  Visit canawler's Homepage Send canawler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. I like the Garden Mark paint scheme and thought I might make my Broadmoor into a mini version of the bigger Mark you're working on now. Little did I know that they actually made one.

---Jim
'74 Allis-Chalmers Homesteader 8 X2
'67 Simplicity Broadmoor 717
'74 MTD 990
'67? Pennsylvania Meteor 1010
'93 Troybilt GTX-18
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  21:45:41  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting Josh. I had no idea they made a MW version. Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  05:25:10  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My plan was to wrap up the current wave of projects before the heat of summer....perhaps cleaning up and getting the little bugger running this fall before November 12 would make it a nice baby shower gift? (Can you get yourself a baby shower gift?)

It's missing quite a bit, but it seems Broadmoor parts are frequently on ebay and elsewhere, so I'm not too concerned about putting it together when time allows. Right now it's tucked away in the nursery pole barn.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  07:55:16  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cvan, I bet that swivel frame is rough on the lower back. Squire, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

canawler

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  07:22:49  Show Profile  Visit canawler's Homepage Send canawler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

It's missing quite a bit, but it seems Broadmoor parts are frequently on ebay and elsewhere, so I'm not too concerned about putting it together when time allows. Right now it's tucked away in the nursery pole barn.

Wait. Didn't you just sell some Broadmoor parts?

---Jim
'74 Allis-Chalmers Homesteader 8 X2
'67 Simplicity Broadmoor 717
'74 MTD 990
'67? Pennsylvania Meteor 1010
'93 Troybilt GTX-18
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  08:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes! I did...kickin myself now. That's the way it goes. I sold a mint front bumper with the mule drive, which I now need, and I sold my HiLo, which would be neat to have. The only pieces I still have are the ones that came with this one...the dozer hitch and a mower deck. Whadayado....

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  15:11:07  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Whadayado....

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic