Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3225 / Visits Today: 3225
Highest Active Users: 3225
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Moldboard plow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

19luna57

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  13:58:32  Show Profile Send 19luna57 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am going to try converting 8" mule plow to pull behind Ole Scrappy. Have to find measurements for beam so be correct distance behind tractor. Here is picture of what I am starting with. Guess some people will try anything, LOL Thanks for all the info on site. Phil

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  16:30:17  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im between plows right now, or I could get you all the measures u could ever want. Will be a neat project!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  18:10:07  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that is what they call a breaking plow. Used for turning over new ground. Or in other words used for breaking up the prairie for farming. Where did you find that at? The ones I've seen were a lot bigger though.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  18:11:29  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like that moldboard. That is made for heavy soil . Don't see many slatted plows.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  18:27:20  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Ron could make some pretty neat yard art of of that one!

John U
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  21:13:49  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that is a Sullivan and Hudson design.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  23:13:56  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by midnightpumpkin

I think Ron could make some pretty neat yard art of of that one!

John U

Can any one say "Woody Woodpecker"?
Ron

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

19luna57

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  01:46:00  Show Profile Send 19luna57 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bought this plow at yard sale near Faulkner,Ms. Believe I gave the lady $7 for it. Plow was made by Syracuse Iron Works,Syracuse, NY. I'm thinking be better for turning dirt than yard art IMO. Phil
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  16:49:12  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either way that is a unique piece and will look really neat behind your tractor.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic