Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8629 / Visits Today: 5133
Highest Active Users: 8629
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 toro/wheelhorse price question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  20:07:25  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pretty beat up but owner says it runs great..comes with decent deck and two stage snowblower...looks like a horizontal twin opposed onan 20hp...hydrostatic drive and hydraulic implement lift

toro wheelhorse 520H

how much is too much $$ for whole thing?...what is that engine worth by itself? (if its good runner)

no pictures but would need some paint to make it look good

Im probably going to get it ..im just looking for second opinions

edit ..comes with cab too (im guessing plastic one not rigid)..cab condition unknown but im guessing its decent or the guy wouldnt have mentioned it

Edited by - BRAD1975 on 02/28/2012 20:08:37

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  21:40:49  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If this is what you are looking at. That looks like quite a hoss. What is the owner asking.?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  22:51:51  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Without at least a photo it is just about impossible to give a reasonable answer.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  06:43:28  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not real familiar with them, but the ones I've seen in person were brutes. I would imagine they are a real workhorse.

Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  12:04:59  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it looks like the one Phil posted but a lot rougher condition..

the guy wants $300...ill probably buy it just because i think the engine is worth it...and the snowblower attachment could probably be sold easy if the guy is lieing about the tractors condition..(a lot of people up here rig up engines on large snowblowers to use them on a four wheeler)
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  13:34:21  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would think if you part it out you would come out money ahead by a long ways.
Good luck with your purchase.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  22:36:12  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made up my mind to buy it

just as soon as I sell something to make room
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  23:06:44  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
just as soon as I sell something to make room

Oh boy have I worn that T-shirt a few times
Good luck.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  22:30:55  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brad, my employer (or I should say; his wife) cut their grass (about 3 acres) for 11 seasons with a tractor the same as the one in Phils pic. Came with deck only for about $5400 when new. He replaced it with a Toro zero turn last year and sold old one for $2200. His wife's brother inlaw who is the local Toro dealer sold both mowers to him and couldn't believe what he got for the used one. Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  13:44:16  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well that sounds good..i wouldnt have thought the original price was that high lol...this one is awful rough though...and i was looking at it in a dark building so there may be more surprises when i get it

i was kind of joking about waiting for room..im going to buy it anyway..i have storage space available at friends places lol...i just need to wait for spring to come because the deck and blower is buried somewhere in deep snow behind the guys garage and i dont want him digging it out and causing more damage than waiting for the melt would be
Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  21:49:54  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this machine is really gnawing at me...the weather is great and I expect most of the snow to be gone in a week

Ill post pics when I get it home
Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  17:27:38  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  17:29:41  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well i was bored today and the weather was just awesome so I went out to get it

i thought the horsepower guage was kind of funny...ive never seen one of those before

the snowblower is really freaking heavy..its all plate steel..the only tin on it is the chute and the belt guard
Go to Top of Page

19luna57

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  20:53:46  Show Profile Send 19luna57 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at pictures I would say you have made good deal,looks much better than the 3416H I just bought and after few hours service and couple adjustments runs out real well. Best of luck and happy tinkering. You even have crome muffler guard LOL. Phil
Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  17:15:28  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it runs good but then i noticed a whole lot of raw fuel spraying out the carb

its an onan p220g...it appears to have a stuck intake valve on one cylinder...if it runs this good on one cyl I cant wait to get it running on 2 lol
my dad has a generator and i remember his has one valve that always sticks too...im going to run it a few more times and if it doesnt free up ill ope up the valve adjustment cover and see what the problem is...hopefully its like the generator and just sticks from sitting too long unused
Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  20:31:44  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and now i noticed the snowblower chute mount ring is missing...and the all important front mule drive assembly for the deck belt is not there ..probably because it gets in the way of the blower....ah well..rookie mistakes ...

also the cab was very rough..the doors and roof were decent but the rest is just good for using as a pattern to sew up new panels lol
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic