Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4236 / Visits Today: 139
Highest Active Users: 4236
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 My Research and Development team
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  09:49:56  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A couple of weeks ago on a rainy Sunday afternoon, the grandson's decided to build a snow pusher box to go on the loader tractor, Ugly Betty.

They used the frame for the lift works and fabricated thier box out of scrape sheet metal. This morning was the first chance to try it out. I have to say it is working well.

This is the very best part of having these tractors!

Here is John with a full push.

And Jim across the street at the neighbor's on Gertrude the 4041.

We are finally getting some snow around here!

John U

Edited by - midnightpumpkin on 02/11/2012 10:35:47

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  10:19:59  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The pusher box looks good! It's good to see the tractors getting used and earning their keep!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

swisstool

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  10:57:57  Show Profile  Visit swisstool's Homepage Send swisstool a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good idea for getting rid of snow. What guage sheet metal did they use?
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  11:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice! I've wondered how to do the same with my little B-1 loader. It would be nice to use it for pushing, and would enable the old 'up and over' trick with the snowpiles to be much more effective. Those are all you see up here for parking lot clearing...the box is typically at least twice as wide as the tractor though, but much wider for home use would be burdensome. I bet it handles great!

Go to Top of Page

igo2xs

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  11:53:06  Show Profile  Visit igo2xs's Homepage Send igo2xs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looks like you got cheated where's your play time,lol enjoy your grandchildren, nice to see young people interested and having fun with tractors
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  11:56:49  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For anyone who has never driven a powermax, you don't know what your missing.
I love seeing them in action..

Great job!!!

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  12:26:23  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by igo2xs

looks like you got cheated where's your play time,lol enjoy your grandchildren, nice to see young people interested and having fun with tractors

When they are in school during the week, I get my turn

John U
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  14:00:01  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great John. Glad to see they took the initiative and came up with a decent end result. I've never been around a P'Max much but it sure looks like it would be a great addition! A 60" deck would cut a couple of hours off of my mowing time each weekend too!

Enjoy the time and weather!

Edited by - simplelife on 02/11/2012 14:00:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic