Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 7426 / Visits Today: 1007
Highest Active Users: 7426
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Need a little help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andykinney

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  00:05:29  Show Profile Send andykinney a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just purchased a real nice 42" snowblower for a 3212 and want to mount it on my 3415H. I understand it requires a different hitch and had one located but it got sold. Can anybody help me out with a hitch? I posted in parts wanted, but with snow around the corner I would like to be better prepared.
Thanks!
Andy

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  07:51:28  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In addition to the hitch you need the front mechanical PTO on the 3415H. And the PTO pulley on a 3212 is smaller, and so is the drive pulley on the snowblower. The pulley will work but it will spin the blower faster than designed, and the Simplicity belt will be too long. On tractors greater than 12hp I have found that only the Simplicity belt holds up. my 3416H pulls gates power rated, kevlar and other belts apart at thier join the first time it loads them, while the OEM belt usually lasts till its well worn and frayed. I'm not kidding, I have been blowing snow with this setup since 1976.

Sent you an email.

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  10:09:14  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go with what Larry says. He has both the experience and knowledge to know what he is talking about. And I agree with him 100% on using the correct belt. Nothing worse than freezing your fingers fighting a bad belt in the snow and cold.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

andykinney

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  20:15:29  Show Profile Send andykinney a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great info! I already have the front pto all set up. The pulley issue is important as I come from the HVAC business and understand dealing with belts, Hp, pulleys and sheaves. Changing out the driven pulley is an option and I don't have any problem tackling that project. Are they still available?
I believe in quality belts and accessories since you always get what you pay for.
Now I just need to come up with the hitch!
Thanks guys.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic