Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 17615 / Visits Today: 15964
Highest Active Users: 17615
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Put the 725 to work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  16:02:23  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its funny how some of us like the Allis' even though except for the 300/400's they were built by Simplicity. Its definitely all the same but I like my armrests and the yellow of the B's...lol

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  21:25:18  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by acdad

Its funny how some of us like the Allis' even though except for the 300/400's they were built by Simplicity. Its definitely all the same but I like my armrests and the yellow of the B's...lol

I do to. Even though my 250 pound but's more comfortable in the low backs.

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  21:28:29  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fella's,
I love it that you love your Simplicity tractors.
But if Allis-Chalmers had never been a part of Simplicity and chose to build something else, I'd still be an "Allis-Chalmers" Man.

Some of you like the round hoods. I do not. But that's ok.
Heck, I HATE!!!!! CARS AND TRUCKS!!! I spent 20 years as a Ford Master Tech and it ruined Automobles for me.I look at them and I can only see what's going to break..
So, I keep my 1994 5.8L (351)CID Bronco with over 400,000 miles on it running.

Insert Image:

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

ASEguy

319 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  21:05:28  Show Profile  Visit ASEguy's Homepage Send ASEguy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Byron, I was a mechanic for 30 years and a certified Chrysler technician for ten years. I burned out on cars several years ago. When I bought my '03 Dakota I got manual windows, manual locks "etc". That's why I like older tractors big and small. They are simple, reliable and rugged. This newer stuff with 40 plus on-board computers really sucks to work on. People like their bells and whistles until they see the repair bill.

Gerard
1967 Allis B-110
1948 Allis model C
1949 Ford 8N (gift)
Gravely model L walk behind (gift)
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  12:53:18  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ASEguy

Byron, I was a mechanic for 30 years and a certified Chrysler technician for ten years. I burned out on cars several years ago. When I bought my '03 Dakota I got manual windows, manual locks "etc". That's why I like older tractors big and small. They are simple, reliable and rugged. This newer stuff with 40 plus on-board computers really sucks to work on. People like their bells and whistles until they see the repair bill.

Amen to that. It's not that I dont know how to work on the new stuff, its that I cant afford the proper scan tools.

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic