Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 542 / Visits Today: 542
Highest Active Users: 542
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 what trans oil in a bolens duratrac?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  15:00:25  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am running hyd. oil in my 2 speed transaxle, but when cold it won't go til it warms up 5 minutes or so.Would ATF work better?

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  18:48:12  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Id say atf or even better a synthetic atf...I use the synthetic stuff in my western plow with no problems at all even when its super cold out

unless its calls for hypoid..then you need to get a lighter grade but make sure its hypoid if it calls for that

Im not sure what the duratrac is but my bolens hydrostatic has regular atf and works fine

Edited by - BRAD1975 on 04/11/2011 18:50:53
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  23:24:24  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My DuraTrac does the same thing except it is the power steering and power lift that I wait for. It moves OK but you can hear the relief valve opening until the Hydro warms up.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Cvans on 04/11/2011 23:26:12
Go to Top of Page

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  01:32:07  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes you are right about the ps and lift.You just don't want to go anywhere till it will steer
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  09:13:20  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've notice that since it has warmed up it is much better about coming out of the barn. Might have to try ATF after I get
the loader installed.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic