Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 123 / Visits Today: 123
Highest Active Users: 123
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Finally had some time for repairs!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  21:56:10  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We FINALLY had a free night, and some good weather! It was 55 and sunny...the nicest day I've seen since I broke ground on the garden.

So, I decided o pull the B110's hydro lift, and rebuild the piston assembly. I was rolling the dice, and hoping for a quick fix, that didn't require I pull the pump for a complete rebuild. The hardest part was pulling the console without disconecting everything.

My goal was to make it quick! I had preordered new seals from O-rings.com, and they showed up today in the mail. I also had new lines made at NAPA

I don't have any pics from the actual working part...but here's a shot AFTER busting my hump to get it done before bed.

I flushed all the old oil...I let it run, and worked the pump, bleeding the air back into the tank and checking my fluid level. To test it out, I threw a stinger on and grabbed a broom handle...

I stood on the stinger, making the rear lift weigh around 220#, and pushed the lift handle with my broom. That lift has NEVER moved that fast! Holy crap...it's fixed for sure!

Now, I have 3 more to rebuild...an extra,

and the freebie that came with my L10 (which is seized up),

and the one for my Big Ten restoration

I'm just happy to have my B110 back in action...now I need to hook up the tiller and get crackin on that seedbed!

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  23:17:26  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work! Wow i thought i busy, you got lots to work on! All i got is an engine to finish putting together to get my other b-10 running

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  06:09:41  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sick of projects...Eveything for my Big Ten is at the sandblaster...should be priming next week! I sure am happy to have a working tractor again.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  07:17:13  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is nice to have someone close at hand who will sandblast stuff for you at a reasonable price. I had a two step hand rail blasted here once and it cost me $45 and tax.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  07:43:44  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow...yeah, I am getting antzy to get some momentum on this project, so I dediced to throw everything at him, and see what he said. Everything from the gas tank straps, all the little lift brackest and collars, pulleys, engine panels, seat brakets...everything gets blasted. I looked at all that stuff and thoguht about the hand sanding/wire wheeling and figured I'd roll the dice.

With all the larger peices and the loader assembly, he's saying $125. My box of small stuff drove up the price, but at least this way I'm starting with a nice, clean surface for paint and saving the sanding mess. I wanted to avoid the rough look of covering gouges and scrathes in the old finish. No amount of sanding seems to make those go away. He does a nice job, and even told me not to bother washing off greasae or peeling decals.

He's got some big jobs in front of me, but he's interested in my project, which helps my cause =] Powder coating is what would drive up the price, like on my Brinly, but I think paint will be easier to work with in the long run.

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  09:51:53  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Way nice, I' thinking tiller time...

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  11:57:19  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i am still looking for a hydro lift for my B-116. I WOULD REALY LIKE TO BUY ONE.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  12:32:20  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What color do you want, I got em all! =]

Really though, aside from my Big Ten lift, I'm not clear on the condition of the other two. Both need new lines, which I was going to have made up, since NAPA did such a nice job on my first set, and that orange unit needs a complete tear down. I'm hoping the valve stem isn't corroded, and that I can free it up and get it working with only the needed gaskets/rings.

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  10:20:53  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i dont care what color, l.o.l i just need one. let me know how much and i can rebuild it. thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic