Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4135 / Visits Today: 38
Highest Active Users: 4135
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 XXX Workhorse wrecker #2 ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  06:13:01  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of tires...how bout recommendations for an affordable source?

I had found decent prices & shipping from Miller Tire. My local yokles have astronomical prices on AG's and quite frankly, I'm not happy with anyof them. Wouldn't mind a set of triribs from the front too...not sure yet as the Big Ten has brand new front turf tires.

Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  08:49:22  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been quite pleased with the pricing and service from Morrow Tire.
http://stores.ebay.com/Morrow-Tire-Supply?_rdc=1
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  16:35:55  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Allis 916 Workhorse wrecker left today and is probably at it's new home in mid-Michigan by now.
I lasted, maybe 16 hours with a 'Buy It Now' on ebay. The only thing out of the ordinary from a normal 916 was the out of the ordinary 16hp B&S engine (normally a Kohler), the power steering and the nearly new 10.50 ag tires and new wheels. All the junk dangling from it, front and rear, plus, the weights, I still have.
If I had only made $1 on it, it would $1 more than the use I got out of it. Now, I hope the new Green Weenie proves to be just as dependable and perform just as well as it's older brother. As I said before, now all my tractors that I use, (I think), have Kohler Command 2 cyl. engines in them.

Insert Image:

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  17:51:32  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sure wish I were close enough to buy some of that rolling stock off you. I really like that late model Simplicity sovereign you are currently selling.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Tclark

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  19:52:08  Show Profile  Visit Tclark's Homepage Send Tclark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how did you setup the power steering i want to do that on my 916 as well
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  09:19:24  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tclark

how did you setup the power steering i want to do that on my 916 as well

Orbital valve steering column
Special, matching steering wheel
Steering hydraulic cylinder
5 new hoses
Fittings
$500 parts (or more)
Hours of trial and error
Bandages and stuff

B.R.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic