Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 234 / Visits Today: 234
Highest Active Users: 234
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 42" versus 48" deck
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  17:30:46  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
36 inch huh, well you gotta be real diligent when your swinging such a small swath, paying real. You must be real good to get the job done with such a small piece of equipment

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  19:28:33  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

quote:
Originally posted by LordByron444

Ohhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyy Gooooooossssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
60" BIG DECK!!!!
48" Medium DECK?????
42" small deck.......

Anyone got an old B208 Allis with a 36" DECK??????? lol

Cuts like a dream and gets down my narrow walkway to the lower yard.

Holy Cow.... The Simplicity Version... A B208 Allis was my first lawn tractor. They were weird to drive over twists and turns as the front and rear pivot between your legs...
Yours is lookin good dude!!!! :)

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  20:38:13  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

Why Phil Whatever do you mean? Ar you having carnal thoughts? Jealous? small deck? hehehe

its not the size of the deck that counts its the skill at which it is used. Yes I have a small deck hung under my tractor.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  20:44:19  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

quote:

60" BIG DECK!!!!
48" Medium DECK?????
42" small deck.......

Cuts like a dream and gets down my narrow walkway to the lower yard.

takes a real man to make such an admission.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  21:12:53  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil your a freakin inspiration, not many guys. out there with the confidence to admit they like their small deck

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  21:46:06  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My deck changes sizes depending on what the job calls for. I might start with my little deck, then end up deep in the bush with my big 72"er!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  21:52:11  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I consider a 42" a medium, a happy medium! After mowing with 28" to 54" decks, I have found my Goldylocks deck! Too little of a deck is just not impressive, and just doesn't do the job well, a really big deck doesn't always fit meaning there are places it can't go.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  22:16:52  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again it's not the size of the deck, but rather the mower it's attached to, and the intelligent life form operating it.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  07:35:05  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seriously I had a 48" deck on my Kubota. Aside from the fact that the mower had never been adjusted right in its 15 years (Took me a couple of months to sort out with no instructions available) Even after proper leveling it still was not up to the standard of quality I was used to and on heavy turf grass like St. Augustine it was horrendous . The big problem with the wide deck is that there were two many places that I just could not mow with the wider deck even with the discharge chute raised.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  08:32:15  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

The big problem with the wide deck is that there were two many places that I just could not mow with the wider deck even with the discharge chute raised.

You'll be hard pressed to find a spot that a 42" deck won't fit. That's why I love my Kubota so much, as there isn't a place on my spread it won't drive through. Almost all my previous mowers were 48", and there were 2 places at least that it wouldn't pass through.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  08:57:17  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to mow with my MF1650 hydro 48 inch rear discharge, and while it mowed fast, it wasn't that much faster, and it wasn't near as could of a cut. The 42 inch deck goes places the 48 wouldn't and cuts down on my weed eating, so I doubt I lose any time. The lawn is gorgeous, not just mowed with the Allis

Go to Top of Page

AC716H

213 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  11:18:46  Show Profile  Visit AC716H's Homepage Send AC716H a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not just size, but thickness counts. My deck is thicker than most others.
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  12:29:06  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

60" BIG DECK!!!!
48" Medium DECK?????
42" small deck.......

yes i have one of those to, its a b207 36" deck
Go to Top of Page

tractorjoe

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  12:38:41  Show Profile Send tractorjoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

quote:

60" BIG DECK!!!!
48" Medium DECK?????
42" small deck.......

yes i have one of those to, its a b207 36" deck

I think I've got a 32" for my Broadmoor.

Maybe it is a 36"

- Joe

Go to Top of Page

Coach John

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  14:44:21  Show Profile  Visit Coach John's Homepage Send Coach John a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I just got a used 42" this year, with my 6216, cut great, and looks fine. For 23 years used a 36", and did a good job, but the 42" is just way better. Looks like old guys can grow up....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic