Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 263 / Visits Today: 263
Highest Active Users: 263
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Main drive belt 3416H yuk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  20:45:11  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The original belt was getting decidedly frayed and fuzzy, and the idler had a good 1/8" play so.... It was time. Note that the bottom of the cowl is held on by the anchor bolt on the brake band, and the nut on the actuator rod had to be removed to get enough clearnce to get the anchor bolt out. Couldn't see that in the manual. The cowl has to come completely off to change the belt. Also note in first picture you can see the belt was tracking against the inside. This was done so they could hook the tension spring around the idler bolt and still put it together. They have a second nut on the end of the bolt to keep the spring from sliding off. They had a half inch, I put 2 washers with the idlers spacer and centered it up, leaving 1/4" for the spring

Quite a pile of crud underneath when I was done!

Edited by - larry8200 on 07/02/2010 20:48:01

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  22:56:17  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that transmission ought to breath well now.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  23:10:29  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to take my cowls off and clean both my tractors tomorrow

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  20:23:44  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
larry, those pictures are kinda like the old VD scare photos or autopsy photos they publish to scare folks to stop smoking, drinking, overeating and make them start living a clean life. Now everyone with an old Vickers transmission is gong to go out and clean the heat exchanger.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  22:12:25  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scary like photos of Rosie O'Donnel Nekkid

Insert Image:

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  22:19:02  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

That conjures up a mental image that is unbearable.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/03/2010 22:19:25
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  11:57:10  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm speechless, maybe go clean the toilet for an improvement...

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  04:29:37  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmmmm, Scary maintenance schedule you have.... lol :)

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

AC716H

213 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  06:07:38  Show Profile  Visit AC716H's Homepage Send AC716H a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I keep wondering why Simplicity painted the mower decks white. Probably some sadistic person made that decision. I think it's the worst color you could pick for something that drags across the ground and gets covered in dirt and grass.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  13:57:07  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One thing about a cream colored mower... you know when its clean, which BTW is almost never

Phil

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/05/2010 13:58:08
Go to Top of Page

oldsarge

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  18:34:03  Show Profile  Visit oldsarge's Homepage Send oldsarge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by ATF

Try a movie called"Exit to Eden" ,not quite nekkid(bustiere' and long stockings)This was made up for by Dana Delany who was nekkid!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic