Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 6715 / Visits Today: 6715
Highest Active Users: 6715
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 5 Cool pix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  19:46:08  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Fall of 2008 and she'd sat all summer. Was clearing snow the previous March when everything in the back quit. I'd thoght it was the BGB but turned out to be a loose set screw on the coupler on the front of the BGB. The keyway in the coupler wore until the key fell out. With the electric lift I could only tell the drive shaft was turning, but not the output shaft of the BGB. As much a pain as it was, it was a good thing, of the 2 lower bolts through the frame to the BGB 1 was missing and the other was loose. But all's well that ends well! Last picture for balance, and the trailer is an imposter.

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  20:28:46  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work! I bet that winch comes in handy at times!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  21:10:01  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by acb10_64

Nice work! I bet that winch comes in handy at times!

It does, I'll do a post on it if there is any interst

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  23:49:37  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My 7117 has electric lift and for some reason I would rather have hydraulic. The electric works fine so it must be an "Old Duffer" thing. My others are hydraulic so I guess using a switch is the quirk.
Your lawn looks great.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  06:10:10  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

My 7117 has electric lift and for some reason I would rather have hydraulic. The electric works fine so it must be an "Old Duffer" thing. My others are hydraulic so I guess using a switch is the quirk.
Your lawn looks great.

Thanks. Either electric or hydraulic is fine, but the electric works without the engine running.

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  07:17:21  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200

quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

Your lawn looks great.

Thanks. Either electric or hydraulic is fine, but the electric works without the engine running.

Yeah I was a big hydraulic lift fan until I found I could turn the key switch and use my lift. I like it just as well as my hydraulics now

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  07:55:40  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the electric is especially nice for swapping implements. When I work on my Dad's 2000 Sovereign I get real annoyed at having to have the engine running, but also 30 poiunds on the seat. IMO safety crap has gone too far.

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  08:07:30  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And another thing that annoys me about the hydraulic lift: I've run loaders backhoes and log trucks. They always have levers 6-8 inches long that move about 2 inches which is fine. Why does Simple have a big floppy lever 2 feet long that moves back and forth almost a foot?

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  15:03:57  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I've never thought about using the lift without the tractor running. Should make it easy to attach the snow blower. Thanks for the Idea.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic