Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 210 / Visits Today: 210
Highest Active Users: 210
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Fridays new addition
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  23:36:34  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are some pics of the 712H I picked up Friday on my way home from the swap meet. Been keeping an eye on it for a couple years,finally was driving by with cash in my pocket and someone was home. It ain't too purdy but a shot of carb cleaner and a jump from a car battery was all it took to start it.

It has been modified a bit, the 12hp was replaced with a 14hp Magnum. The exhaust leaves something to be desired considering the chunk they cut out of the hood to fit it. If you look at the frame you can see the hole that got torched in the frame for the oil drain.

Apparently someone thought a cable wasn't good enough for the rear lift, BTW, the rod is too short keeping the lift tube too high so they cut a notch in the seat pan too.

Apparently they couldn't remember belt sizes any better than me so they engraved them in the dash.

Forgot to take pics of the deck and the drive to it. The deck is for a 300 or 400 series which spins the opposite way. To get the belt twisted the other way they modified the pulleys on the mule drive. None of the sheet metal is without ugly hackings or like the dash tower, rusted through. Also the steering wheel is super loose and came off of a Cub Cadet! Oh well, the Magnum sounds strong and the hydro is very responsive. Might just clean it up a bit ,change fluids, replace the seat that's growing weeds and give it a try mowing. Of course the FDT lover in me is already seeing visions of this rear getting mated to a 200 series front!

I promised to post pics of this on Sunday, looks like I just made it!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich

7010b1

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  03:48:03  Show Profile Send 7010b1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i need the axle out of her lol.... oh yea nice muffler looks like a briggs replacement... if you need the one that goes there let me know i have a few i think.... some where.. now where did i leave that boat??????

oh well just slap a deck under her and get mowing.... nice find i'm eyeing 2 of them right now could possably get them for about $300.00 for both gas not included...

she don't look as ruff as you told me...

spark up your life with a E3 plug..

,, , ,,,

b1, earlys, big, b12, b110's, 712, 7010, 1316h, homelite T15 and T16, two 410's, over all 20+ of them
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  06:03:14  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it is one thing to see one just plain worn out or neglected but it is a darn shame to see one hacked up like that.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  22:23:31  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The biggest insult I think is the Cub Cadet steering wheel! At least it ain't Deere! I tried to start it the other night to load it in the pickup and go to the carwash, wouldn't start! On top of it it wouldn't roll either! It rolled just fine the day before, I don't have expeirience with hydros so don't know what I did wrong.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

7010b1

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  03:53:31  Show Profile Send 7010b1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i take the axle out of them and they make good weight at the scales with a load of scrap lol... no i sell them.

,, , ,,,

b1, earlys, big, b12, b110's, 712, 7010, 1316h, homelite T15 and T16, two 410's, over all 20+ of them
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  22:21:04  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, after mowing with it on Sunday, I came to the conclusion the toilet needed more attention than I was willing to give at this time.(strange problem that comes and goes, will investigate when i can afford to buy Kohler parts) The easier solution was to drop in a 16hpI/C Briggs and Stratton I had recently aquired! I very nearly thought of putting on the proper exhaust 'cause I do have one around but thought a nice throuty sounding stack was a better idea. I also swapped the turfs for some used ags I had in stock. It is idling in the pics, and oh it sounds gooood! I removed the rod to the rear lift 'cause it rattled bad and I pulled the lift lever off because it didn't work right anyway and I never bother hooking up the lift to my decks, just no need.

Powerfull Briggs and Stratton, wake up the neighbors stack, ag tires, yep, now it's officially a tractor!

Go to Top of Page

7010b1

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  00:57:47  Show Profile Send 7010b1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I removed the rod to the rear lift 'cause it rattled bad"
I thought that the 700 and 7000 seires had cables? well my 7010 did and boy I wish it had the rod. looking great

,, , ,,,

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  10:43:27  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think someone added the rod, it didn't fit right at all. It was pinned in the wrong hole in the rockshaft too, they had it where the cylinder would go for hydrolift.

Go to Top of Page

7010b1

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  01:42:17  Show Profile Send 7010b1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
is that a yoman stearing wheel in that tractor?????? if you pull it you can have one that fits.

bring that hood I will exchange it for you. oh hell bring your truck with extra parts you don't want I will just trade you a parts tractor your frame is all hacked up. spair rims, b&s carbs, side shelds you know... lol I will fix u up right.

,, , ,,,

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  07:22:52  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like she is feeling better already

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  11:07:56  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That wheel was the only thing I had around here that fit to replace the very ill fitting CC one that came with it. A little small, but oh well. I am still planning on this donating it's rear end to a B-series so no proper parts for now. I just love working on the hacked ones, I don't feel bad at all about firing up the torch, or grabbing a big channel locks! Looking forward to mowing with it again, while apart I got the steering lubed up nice so it should steer a bit better. From the way it sounds Phil, I'd say it is feeling VERY good!

Go to Top of Page

7010b1

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  02:27:33  Show Profile Send 7010b1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well keep us posted you know where the rest can go...lol just let me know.... and yes nice pipe.

,, , ,,,

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  12:13:54  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sure would like to get a couple b&s carbs.
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  22:17:00  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

sure would like to get a couple b&s carbs.

All you have to do is go on E-bay and open your wallet REAL wide! I latch onto any I find which isn't often, what one do you need and why?

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  22:52:31  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looking for the ones that came on the 10hp b&s engines. i just like to have xtra stuff around.
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  22:57:59  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sorry forgot, the up draft with 4 bolt bowl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic