Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2707 / Visits Today: 197
Highest Active Users: 2707
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Sickle mower, Finally!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  22:39:27  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have had a soft spot for sickle mowers as long as I can remember. Don't know why, moldboard plows and sickle mowers get my attention every time. Well, I finally found a mower for my old foot draggers! It's not AC yellow, but you can't have everything. The swath board is missing as usual, and a few sections have chips, but over all it is quite nice.

I do have to do some straightening of the guard around the idler pulleys, but that's no biggie.

At least the bushings and bearings are snug and roll over smoothly after a good greasing! The only decal on it is luckily the model no. tag. It throws me a bit though. I assume the M.W. stands for Montgomery Ward, but I thought that stuff was gold in color not orange.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  22:57:12  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice catch

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic