Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2401 / Visits Today: 2401
Highest Active Users: 2401
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 AC 1974 Brochure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  09:37:05  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Mack

mikefox

USA
382 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  10:24:15  Show Profile Send mikefox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the brochure.

50 years of dissolute living has left me but a vestige of my handsome youth.
\\\\|////
( @ @ )
Oo-(_)-oO
Go to Top of Page

GarryVH

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  12:15:36  Show Profile Send GarryVH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have this brochure available as a pdf file?
Go to Top of Page

GarryVH

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  12:49:29  Show Profile Send GarryVH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question regarding one of the photos in the brochure. The sixth photo down from the top shows the underside of the 60" mower deck for the 720. There is a short black baffle that appears to be about 8" long just upstream of the discharge. My deck does not have that baffle. I was wondering if anyone else has that baffle, and if they do, is there anything about its performance that would warrant me fabricating one? I'm guessing not, but I just want to ask the question.
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  12:57:42  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gary, I "think" that is more of a "foot" and doesn't work as a baffle. I don't think it runs to the top of inside deck. The left-side discharge deck has this also, but is white, so harder to see.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Edited by - olcowhand on 12/12/2008 12:58:51
Go to Top of Page

mikefox

USA
382 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  15:18:38  Show Profile Send mikefox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its purpose is to keep the deck from ejecting dangerous objects. The parts manual calls it a “Stone Guard Assembly”.
It also restricts grass flow; hence, most remove it.

50 years of dissolute living has left me but a vestige of my handsome youth.
\\\\|////
( @ @ )
Oo-(_)-oO

Edited by - mikefox on 12/13/2008 07:23:23
Go to Top of Page

GarryVH

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  15:36:42  Show Profile Send GarryVH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gents,

10-4. I 'm not going to worry about the fact that my deck lacks these items, and I won't feel like I am somehow...deprived.

Thank you for the information.

Everybody have a great weekend.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic