Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 942 / Visits Today: 942
Highest Active Users: 942
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Restored B-10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  00:33:48  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Daniel was unable to help (though he makes great decals) I will tell you that I got the one pictured above from FS Decals, http://stores.ebay.com/FS-Decals-and-Graphics , If you don't see what you need send him an email and he is quite willing to customize to your desires just as he did the fake Allis Chalmers build tag with the Simplicity numbers and my serial number.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

GarryVH

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  12:54:29  Show Profile Send GarryVH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys - Thanks!
Garry
Go to Top of Page

ZippoVarga

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  22:53:47  Show Profile  Visit ZippoVarga's Homepage  Send ZippoVarga an AOL message  Send ZippoVarga a Yahoo! Message Send ZippoVarga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dare I jump in here? Sure...why not.....First the flatter fenders. I'm assuming it's still a three piece seat pan. If the arm rests are missing from the seat then the fenders often become fatigued from owners leaning on them etc. If your tractor has a round hood, similar decals and over all looks to have the same styling then it's either an early B-10 (1964) a BIG TEN (1965) a Bumble B-10 (1966-67) or a Bumble B-12 (1966-67). And as far as the ID tags....There's a guy that sells on eBay who can make you ANYTHING you need. I recently got a complete set from him for two of my 1964 Landlords. Also, Wellsimplement.com has complete decal sets that include the ID tag. Pierce2160 is the eBay decal seller. His name is Corey Foerster and he's awesome and fast!

Simply the best tractors ever made.Zip~
Go to Top of Page

Leroy

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  19:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Leroy's Homepage Send Leroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silk screening can make the placard.
The original numbers could be stamped in by hand.
Truth told the badge would be as original the numbers would be accurate.
Painted or etched numbers are possible. Cricut http://www.cricut.com/shopping/ can make vinyl positives and negatives. I'm not an owner but i did see the videos.
It is a cool tool. Etching or stamping the numbers is better than painting them.

Edited by - Leroy on 05/12/2009 19:37:06
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic