Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2989 / Visits Today: 498
Highest Active Users: 2989
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Radiator flush
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skunkhome

USA
12827 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  07:54:04  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I need to flush the radiator in my Kubota. Does anyone have an opinion on what I should use to flush which will not cause me problems with leaks down the road. I have always flushed with plain water but I have never had rust in any of my radiators.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  10:37:23  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something I have used that is effective, but not too rough is dishwasher soap. It does a good job and is easy to rinse out.

Kevin

Http://mallenalley.com
Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  19:28:48  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"dishwasher soap"

Good idea. I would have never of thought of that.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5229 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  22:44:19  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that's good tip; thanks.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12827 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  01:09:36  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonderful, I'll pull the radiator and run it through the dish washer
The boss should not mind MUCH! Seriously that should be mild enough to prevent predatory metal loss. Thanks!

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic