Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2560 / Visits Today: 50
Highest Active Users: 2560
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Look what just came in

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/23/2013 : 15:23:25
through the mail today. I finally broke down and bought original simplicity belts for the mid pto and deck pulleys for my B-10. After messing around and trying to get different belts to fit and match to get everything to work right I decided enough was enough. So, I began looking through some manuals with part numbers and located both belts but not before having to do a little cross referencing since some of the part numbers were outdated and had been replaced with new part numbers. But after all that work I ended up with two brand NOS belts now I can get back to cutting the grass in the spring

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/24/2013 : 15:07:15
Thanks for the website Phil. They definitely have a wide selection of pulleys and I believe they have just what I need but won't be for sure until I know the size of the pulleys but either way those are definitely cheaper than the ones on ebay...
skunkhome Posted - 12/24/2013 : 14:49:21
Chek out www.Phoenix-mfg.com
Price out theirs and compare with eBay price.
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/24/2013 : 13:07:18
Ok that's good to know that it is a simple fix. I did happen to find a mid pto assembly on ebay that looks to be complete and it had the two pulleys ( seller said it came off a BIG TEN which I don't believe the pto's changed any between the BIG TEN and the B-10 late) so would it be easier just to replace the entire pto or try to find the two pulleys by themselves?...considering that I am wanting to get a sickle mower in the future to go on my B-10.
skunkhome Posted - 12/24/2013 : 12:05:18
Very simple to put on. It is a cast double pulley which you may or may not be able to find but you could install two pulleys. Hopefully some others here will chime in with the proper dimensions.
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/24/2013 : 10:25:10
Alright I will have to go measure that pulley when I get a chance which might not be this week but just from eyeballing the pulley it looks close to 4". So since my pto is missing a pulley would it be fairly easy to put the two right pulleys back on?
skunkhome Posted - 12/24/2013 : 08:54:42
It should have a double pulley but is not necessary if you don't plan to use a sicklebar. The important thing be that the replacement puller they put on is the proper size to match your mower. I no longer have a "b" series tractor so I can't check that to see. I believe the pulley on your mower should be 4". Those here with FDT's and matched mower can tell you what they should be.
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/23/2013 : 22:46:26
Ok I will have to watch for that the next time I get a chance to try out the belts and actually I think that has happened to me before because when the previous owner brought the B-10 to the house it had a wheel horse belt on the deck pulley and after replacing the mid pto belt made that deck belt so tight that when you would start the mower (without the deck engaged) it would throw the belt off the deck pulley. So after getting a different deck belt a few inches longer I tried mowing with it but some how ended up stretching the mid pto belt beyond use. I have noticed that most b-series mid pto pulleys have two different pulleys the larger one is for the mower deck and the smaller one I think is for a sickle mower, but when I look at my pto it only has one smaller pulley that is bolted on the shaft but when I look at the other side it seems to be correct having what looks like an aluminum pulley welded onto the shaft. I do wonder if the different pulley size would effect the mower deck in any way and wonder if this could cause problems when mowing? I could be wrong with some of this information so please correct if I am.... And then again I may have just missed seeing the larger pulley
skunkhome Posted - 12/23/2013 : 21:36:58
I'll caution that the cross belt should easily roll over the sheive when the tension is released on the pto tension spring. If you have to force it on then it is too short and will cause the pto to be stretched too far forward and not allow it to be disengaged.
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/23/2013 : 17:16:00
We'll I never thought of that. From the way the mid pto looks on mine it looks like the one on the manuals but then again you might be right about the parts being mismatched hopefully though it's all OEM
skunkhome Posted - 12/23/2013 : 17:02:20
I hope you have an OEM PTO. I have found that many a pto has mix and match parts off of various tractors that change up the dimensions. Sometimes sorting things out is a hit and miss proposition. Hope you don't encounter that.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1