Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2742 / Visits Today: 232
Highest Active Users: 2742
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Allis-Chalmers 1036

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/20/2013 : 22:58:44
Well I finally decided to post a few pictures and write a little bit about my Allis-Chalmers 1036. To start off this machine was purchased by the original owner on May 23, 1985. The original price was $1500 but he traded in his old mower so that got the price down $1200 plus $60 tax. I believe it was bought at the local dealership which would have been Whitehouse and Humphrey Farm Equipment in Danville, Ky. I am the fifth owner of this machine and was actually the first mower I drove by myself. The original owner was also very organized and kept every document that came with the machine including the original manual in a bag which I found a few years ago when cleaning out the garage. So now here's a few photos of the machine and all the papers that came with it.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/22/2013 : 13:22:30
Oh ok I kind of figured that it would be belt driven and yes you gotta love the tight turning radius especially around trees
sammiefish Posted - 12/22/2013 : 09:35:59
the engine to transmission is belt on the coronet
(the transmission is integrated on the rear axle)
the clutch is indeed very touchy as you describe

I am impressed with the tight turning radius... very maneuverable
around the house yard
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/21/2013 : 22:22:05
You are correct in that these are the predecessors to your coronet. For the Allis-Chalmers and Deutz-Allis line there were the models 526,830, and 1036. For the Simplicity line I believe they were called the cavalier and the models were 3105, 3108, and 3110. I have to ask though are the coronets chain driven or belt driven because the ones like mine are chain driven and I kind of figured that the newer ones like the coronet might be belt driven considering that the chains will break sometimes and that they would have found that out through trial and error but do those chain drives sure put out some torque have to let off the clutch REAL easy
sammiefish Posted - 12/21/2013 : 22:09:18
wow, that looks nice... i figure its the predecessor to my coronet...
they are great mowers. I think I'd rather have the older steel body
like yours.. otherwise they look very similar
lilypad Posted - 12/21/2013 : 19:46:36
quote:
Originally posted by Paulcurtis3

Am I doing something wrong? All I see are boxes with URL by them. How do I see the pics?

They are coming through fine for me.
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/21/2013 : 14:59:26
Thanks Dave, yeah if it ever gets to go to a show with the B-10 then I will have to take the papers along so it will give people something to talk about. It is more of a workhorse than show though and has the majority of the mowing duties. The B-10 more of just for fun. Paul let me see what I can do with the pictures to get them to work right.
Paulcurtis3 Posted - 12/21/2013 : 14:49:55
Am I doing something wrong? All I see are boxes with URL by them. How do I see the pics?
B10Dave Posted - 12/21/2013 : 14:29:51
Nice mower Tanner. It is a plus to know all the history of your machine and have the original paperwork...Dave
A-C 1036_B-10 Posted - 12/21/2013 : 00:33:27
Thanks, yeah it definitely does a good job mowing even though it won't put down the stripes like other decks but it's been very reliable and I enjoy mowing with it.
split51 Posted - 12/21/2013 : 00:16:09
Thats a very nice, clean 1036. I mowed with one for several years. They are good mowers.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1