Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 346 / Visits Today: 346
Highest Active Users: 346
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Yesterday's Wards - Squire 10

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/19/2013 : 14:46:12
Jeff's Squire inspired me to share my most recent acquisition. A local fella I deal with regularly made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and I came home with a real sweetheart of a Squire 10 yesterday. I took down my WB575, and came home with this, plus a pocket full of cash (first time that's happened). It's extremly filthy in the picture, and has a very light rust freckle to the paint, all over. I think I can make that go away with a light wetsand, and am wondering if I can just wipe it down with WD40, or maybe clean it up good and give it a clearcoat, to preserve the clean, aged look? It's way too nice for paint (I'll spruce up the rims, keeping the original tires and add the decals that have peeled off), in my opinion. I'm amazed at the condition of the seat, and the unrestored 42" deck from my Squire 9 matches this machine's patina almost perfectly.

I now have all 3 of the bronze front engine Squires, and am beginning to pursue a few rear engine Wards Lawn Trac's, if anyone has a lead they would like to share. I think one would make for a real nice display at shows. Here's a couple I'm bird-dogging...

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/19/2013 : 21:03:38
I know where that early lawn trac is sitting (along side a ROUGH Squire 10, and a peach of a bronse round top tiller). Now I just have to get in touch with them, and see what they want for it. If I go, I'm bringing home a trailer full of bronze, orange and yellow.

Thanks for the tip Jeff! I'll have to try that. I tested one side of the hood tonite, with a light rub of 600 grit, and wiped it clean with a WD dampened cloth. Holy crap, does that look good beside the other side of the hood! The acid sounds like a better bet.
B-16_IC Posted - 08/19/2013 : 20:29:37
That's a nice one Josh. Fine piece of luck getting that one. If you should happen to drag home the lawn trac in the second picture I have a pair of side panels with fenders to fit it.
split51 Posted - 08/19/2013 : 16:35:59
Get some ospho acid and wipe it down then spray it off with water.

Ospho is a prepacid and used in for swimming pools. i got mine at the local ace hardware. It cleans the paint up very nice and nutralizes rust.
Here is a before and after pic with ospho.

PS. Wear rubber gloves while working with this stuff.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1