Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 253 / Visits Today: 253
Highest Active Users: 253
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Found a 1962 MW Squire today

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
split51 Posted - 08/17/2013 : 16:50:53
I picked this Squire up today. Serial number looks like 1803. It is pretty complete and came with an early deck.
I put gas in it and hooked a battery up, it spins over fine but i think it may have an intake valve problem.
It has one original tire on it. If anyone here has an extra diamond style rear tire that is usable, let me know as i would be interested in buying it. I have never seen this tread pattern on a rear tire but the 1962 MW literature shows this is what they came with.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B-16_IC Posted - 08/19/2013 : 20:00:10
Nice find! I have a 62 as well. One of those back burner dwellers at the moment.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/19/2013 : 14:13:08
Jeff, is it a Riverside tire, or a Schenuit? My WB700 has the same look, and has Schenuit's all the way around. I'm a big fan of the tread. My other Wards (bronze) all have Riverside's, as does my early Culti-cutter.
split51 Posted - 08/17/2013 : 20:46:19
Thanks Dave. I looked at millers site. The tire is close but doesnt look like it has the sidewall sipes the this one has. I was just hoping to find a mate to this one. And yes, the ones at Miller are PRICEY!!!
I am not sure what i am going to do with this MWs yet. If i can get it running with minimal work, i will mount the sickle or sprayer and run it. If not, it may be a doner for my B1s.
The BGB and steering very nice with no play.
B10Dave Posted - 08/17/2013 : 20:10:27
Jeff; M E Miller tire in Ohio has that tread pattern in a 6x12 size. Pricey though, $135 each. Google them if you are interested....Dave
skunkhome Posted - 08/17/2013 : 17:35:54
Wow! Bolt up deck! Looks like it is in good shape. Heavy. Only thing I disliked about that deck was the stationary idler pulley.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1