Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2659 / Visits Today: 26
Highest Active Users: 2659
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Picked up a new Allis last night

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
split51 Posted - 08/06/2013 : 10:26:02
I found this 36 WC on craigslist. The sickle mower works really good and i have a small pasture behind my house full of johnson grass. This should make short work of it.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 08/09/2013 : 07:28:23
quote:
Originally posted by split51

No phil, i havent read it. I will have to look for a copy of it.

I called him on the UC but he had already sold it. He said he has a lead on another one and would contact me when he found out more about it.

Sorry to hear that. I know it would have been going to a good home.
split51 Posted - 08/08/2013 : 20:55:02
No phil, i havent read it. I will have to look for a copy of it.

I called him on the UC but he had already sold it. He said he has a lead on another one and would contact me when he found out more about it.
skunkhome Posted - 08/08/2013 : 20:32:59
Jeff, have you read, "Old Tractors and the Men Who Love Them"? It chronicles the authors love afare with the WD.
Did you ever contact that fella in Port Allen about his UC Cane?
split51 Posted - 08/08/2013 : 18:32:22
Chris. What were your 2 serial numbers. I had 7xxx (1935) and this one is 22xxx (1936)

I actually got everything buttoned up last night and took it out in the johnson grass. It did really well except for not having the sideboard on it which caused the grass to bunch up on the side closest to the tractor after the first pass
Cvans Posted - 08/07/2013 : 23:39:20
It'll look good with the spoked wheels. I hope you have better luck finding used tires that size than I did. Craig's list wasn't even a dream then so maybe now it is easier.
Good luck with your search and let us know how it turns out this weekend.
Kind of an odd thing. The two I had were only 3 serial numbers apart and looked different. Never did figure that out. The one I used for years had a WD engine in it but other than that it matched the parts manual. I never did get the second one running. Had no need for two tractors at that time.
B112 Posted - 08/07/2013 : 22:16:00
Nice model AC and good attachment.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/07/2013 : 04:53:41
quote:
Originally posted by split51

I have a set of correct rear 24" spoke wheels , i just need to find a set of decent tires for them. I found a set of 17" spoke fronts that i am thinking about getting.

Now we're talkin!
split51 Posted - 08/06/2013 : 22:14:51
Talnted, yes, it still has all the tank and plumbing of the dual fuel setup but the main tank is the only one being used.

Cvans. This is my second WC also. They are great little tractors i will actually get to use this one being that it is on rubber. My last WC, a 35, was on full steel and tore up the yard to much to use. I sold it to a friend down in southern OK. A few months ago. . I wasnt really looking for another tractor but this one popped up on clist at a really cheap price. , it needs a good tuneup and just a little once over to put it in the tall Johnson grass out back. I hope to mow with it this weekend.
It has later model styled wheels on it right now. I have a set of correct rear 24" spoke wheels , i just need to find a set of decent tires for them. I found a set of 17" spoke fronts that i am thinking about getting.
Cvans Posted - 08/06/2013 : 21:56:09

The old girl looks to be in good shape. I have a soft spot for WC's having owned 2 of them. Because of their design they are much more stable than a lot of the narrow front tractors. Having tipped a tractor over I thought the stability was a big bonus.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/06/2013 : 21:06:44
Very cool! I've been looking at the AG tractors lately, since Phil's post about the UC Cane. I like the early unstyled, round fender machines like this one, best. Does she have dual tanks and start on gas/run on kerosene?

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1