Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1327 / Visits Today: 1327
Highest Active Users: 1327
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New toy.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wiggy Posted - 05/08/2013 : 11:39:24
Not pretty but gets the job done. $350.00 for it and both attachments. All is working. 16 H.P. Hope I did O.K. From my research it is a 69' 3112H with an early 70's 16HP Briggs. Even though they are painted I cant believe it still has the moons.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 06/19/2013 : 21:12:04
quote:
Originally posted by J B

never,ever,ever,ever,ever dismount with the blades engaged!!

Agreed, that is so obvious.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 06/19/2013 : 12:32:46
Very nice! That's a steal in my book. I'd pay double that for a nice early hydro/hydro with an attachment or two. You did real well...they are my favorite machine.
J B Posted - 06/18/2013 : 19:37:54
never,ever,ever,ever,ever dismount with the blades engaged!!
Wiggy Posted - 05/13/2013 : 16:06:02
Thanks y'all. I can't wait to start fixing it up! Seems touchy starting it. Hot or cold. If I don't do it just right it will flood on me. Sticky float?
B112 Posted - 05/11/2013 : 22:13:42
The painting the moons black is a good idea if they are all rusty. Great find.
Richard Posted - 05/11/2013 : 08:32:15
Just wanted to comment on the price. When you think of what is available used in that price range your buy is amazing. When you think what you can buy at five times that price new your buy is even more amazing. I have a business relationship with Lowes, but every time I see someone out front deciding on a mower I think "No, go find a good old used machine." Ah well, this helps keep prices down for the rest of us.
Wiggy Posted - 05/09/2013 : 19:39:16
Thanks. I'll research the engine more and make sure of the size. Cut half the yard today and my old deck belt started to go. Off to the parts house for my first part!
skunkhome Posted - 05/09/2013 : 18:22:05
For heavens sakes don't loose your toes. Our early tractors had no chutes. But theydid have stone guards that beefed up the opening and kept fingers and toes out of the blade. I'd get some heavy 3/16 by 1 1/2" strap and make a stone guard then use an old mud flap to make a flexible chute.

Btw: that certainly looks like a 12 hp.
Wiggy Posted - 05/09/2013 : 11:55:15
Thanks. I agree about the wheels. I will be taking the moons off and repainting the wheels soon.
Cvans Posted - 05/08/2013 : 17:26:11
Neat tractor. I can not figure out why people paint the wheels black. The off white looks so much better. appears like a good solid machine otherwise. Price doesn't seem out of line to either.
Wiggy Posted - 05/08/2013 : 11:41:05
I cut an acre with it this week. I need a chute cover though. Almost took my toes off!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1