Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1833 / Visits Today: 1833
Highest Active Users: 1833
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Good Trade??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
larry8200 Posted - 04/21/2012 : 10:54:56
I'm not sure. Traded my very best deck, a 48" 990886 That I found 4 years ago as near to NOS as you can get, and have kept it perfect

I got a complete nice/tight 3415H with a 36" roto tiller and $75 cash for it. Had to truck 14 miles one way.

Tractor has sheetmetal cut off around battery, no idea why but is useable as-is. It needs a battery and at least one front tire. Tiller needs a belt. Thats it.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
larry8200 Posted - 04/26/2012 : 06:04:15
quote:
Originally posted by midnightpumpkin

Larry,

I thought you traded the deck for the Farmall, that would have been a good deal. To trade for a cut up 3415H, I dunno?

You asked for opinions good or bad!

John U

And Thankyou!!!

I did get a complete 36" roto-tiller and $75 cash as well. And the battery box is all thats cut so it can now take a larger battery.

I think it eas a fair deal but not a great deal. Have to wait and see what the tractor needs...
midnightpumpkin Posted - 04/24/2012 : 21:08:26
Larry,

I thought you traded the deck for the Farmall, that would have been a good deal. To trade for a cut up 3415H, I dunno?

You asked for opinions good or bad!

John U
SimplicitySwede Posted - 04/24/2012 : 20:50:51
You need to bring that Farmall H home lol
canawler Posted - 04/21/2012 : 22:58:12
This is how my thought process would have gone if I was really unsure about the value of a trade.

You mentioned that was the nicest deck you had and you wouldn't sell it for $500. Could you get $500+ for the tractor and tiller?
Would you have used the deck?
Will you use the new tractor and tiller? Will they do anything your other tractors won't?
simplicityacnut Posted - 04/21/2012 : 17:22:53
havent seen an old deck in that kind of shape for a long time,still think u got a good deal though
larry8200 Posted - 04/21/2012 : 13:18:31
Yup, that deck was almost like new. And the 886 deck was the last top of the line before they started cutting corners in the late 70's. I said I really wouldn't want to sell it for $500.

It had lifetimes still in it, and its pretty unlikely I'll ever come across another.

Really, that deck was in as good a shape and had more life than a brand new $1,500 four foot deck for a Legacy or Conquest.
acdad Posted - 04/21/2012 : 12:28:11
I think you did fine in my opinion!
cschmidt62 Posted - 04/21/2012 : 11:28:35
Sounds like a good trade to me...I thought for a minute you were going to tell us you traded for the Farmall in the first picture.
My reply was going to be "you got took". Tiller is worth the trade!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1