Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8980 / Visits Today: 4883
Highest Active Users: 8980
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 B 210

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mike Dahms Posted - 04/18/2012 : 20:50:10
Hi guys! Got wind of and bought a B 210 today.(pictures to follow). Starts and runs fine, no smoke or unwanted noises. The seller said if he leaves the battery cables connected the battery will go dead so he pulls one off when not in use. Any clues to what the problem is and the cure will be greatly appreciated.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mike Dahms Posted - 05/06/2012 : 15:36:46
I'm back to work on my troublesome B210. I've conducted may tests as suggested and then began to compare with my B212. This is what I found on the voltage regulators. B212, Bat 0 volts, Arm 12 volts, Fld 12 volts. B210 Bat 12 volts Arm 0 volts Fld 0 volts. Now that I know that what the hay does it tell me? All those tests were with key off. Thanks again guys.
ASEguy Posted - 05/05/2012 : 05:58:30
The easiest sure way I do it is to attach one end of a test light to the negative terminal on the battery and the other end to the negative terminal end of the battery. All you have to do is remove the negative battery cable from the battery. Make sure they don't touch. When the test light is put in this way, and you have a drain, the light will illuminate. Then unplug electrical connections at components until the light goes out. When the light goes out you have found the area for your drain. Hope this helps. Gerard
Mike Dahms Posted - 05/03/2012 : 08:17:18
Been working on this 210 and thanks to Greg and John have found several small problems. Every time I think I've fixed something then something else pops up. I find now that with the key off the ammeter gauge gets warm while just sittin there. Any suggestions on what to look for now?
midnightpumpkin Posted - 04/30/2012 : 18:45:29
Look for a leak!

I had a tractor where the ammeter had a current path to ground through the case. With the key off connect a digital meter in the current measureing mode in series with the battery. You should see a small amount of current flowing. It is then a matter of disconnecting wires until you find the source of the leak.

Not as simple as it sounds, but that's what it will take to isolate the problem.

John U
Mike Dahms Posted - 04/30/2012 : 18:37:53
Installed new regulator and started the tractor and runs fine and smooth thanks to Greg. However, left it alone for 2 days and battery is dead. Thought I cured it with the new regulator. Losing the battery somehow. What do I look for now? Thanks.
Homesteader Posted - 04/25/2012 : 14:11:58
Turn the key and start the engine. A starter-generator is self polarizing when you engage the starter. Generators have to be polarized.
Mike Dahms Posted - 04/25/2012 : 12:45:02
Found and installed new regulator on my B210. Was told it had to be polarized. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.
freddie Posted - 04/19/2012 : 09:26:33
Sounds like the voltage regulator is sticking. Get a new One before it burns you house down. About $68.00

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1