Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2362 / Visits Today: 2362
Highest Active Users: 2362
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Pan Seat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jon314 Posted - 04/07/2012 : 10:26:21
I have 2 '64 Landlords and they came with the pan seats. Of course over time the vinyl broke up and the foam deteriorated. Does anyone know of a source for rebuilt or new pan seats?
The foam and vinyl is placed and then the steel is crimped to hold it in place. That worked from the factory, but nobody in an upholstery shop wants to touch it. I'm looking for ideas or sources.
The farm supply stores around here have the replacement tie on types that beat sitting on the bolts, but are not comfortable either.
Thanks in advance for your consideration.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jon314 Posted - 04/18/2012 : 22:38:09
Thanks guys for all the good information. I'll check out those options. A few years ago someone told me about a seat manufacturer in Nebraska who made pan seats, but I lost the contact information.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/12/2012 : 07:06:53
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

quote:
Originally posted by freddie

I would but right now I am swamped at the shop. But will keep in mind. Might be kinda spendy. Takes about 6-7 hrs per seat + shipping

Oh, so they are $30-35 plus freight.

...and freight can't cost much
skunkhome Posted - 04/11/2012 : 21:14:22
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

I would but right now I am swamped at the shop. But will keep in mind. Might be kinda spendy. Takes about 6-7 hrs per seat + shipping

Oh, so they are $30-35 plus freight.
Johnb212 Posted - 04/11/2012 : 20:55:01
Larry, I have a lawn sweeper just like the one hooked to your 725 in the above photo. Does it work well for you? I bought it used and in good condition but I have never been able to get it to work correctly. The tires skid and the sweeper will not rotate. I though it must be why the previous owner got rid of it because while it is of heavy construction and looks great it doesn't work well. I was going to try and replace the tires with a heavier traction tire and fill them with windshield washer fluid before giving up on it. Could it be that I am trying to work it with the setting to low. I hope it is me not the sweeper because I really like the way it was made.
Thanks for any light you can shead on it.
John
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/10/2012 : 18:57:26
John, do you have a picture of one on a seat pan? Kinda suprised the seller doesn't show that.
midnightpumpkin Posted - 04/10/2012 : 17:09:48
I like this cover. It ties on. It is made of heavy vinyl and wears well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lawn-Tractor-Seat-Cushion-Simplicity-1960s-1970s-/380422406608?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5892f141d0#ht_1699wt_1029

John U

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/10/2012 : 15:34:54
I would imagine it's not a quick job. Sure would be nice to have a source for recovering. I've never really looked into it.
freddie Posted - 04/10/2012 : 15:02:08
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/10/2012 : 11:28:10
So, Freddie....are you volunteering? I have a half dozen sitting around that could use new skin =]
freddie Posted - 04/09/2012 : 17:52:39
I recovered mine. It's a lot of work but I like doing them. You have to peel back the metal, cut out a new pattern and sew it up and then fold the metal rib back over the new vinal.
larry8200 Posted - 04/07/2012 : 12:27:54
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

These are close to original looking. http://www.tractorsupply.com/padded-pan-seat-black-0278221

There are some who have successfully uncrimped the original and have redone them themselves, but patience is the key when attempting such a task.

Here is the Tractor Supply seat on my 725. It required to 1/2" holes in the center of the seat pan, but have a feature to drain water and they (were) about $45.

Tractor supply also has tie on black padded seat covers that are a fair fit on the old Landlord seats with the vinyl and foam gone.

Good Luck!

Tractor Supply seat on my 725:

simplelife Posted - 04/07/2012 : 11:16:47
These are close to original looking. http://www.tractorsupply.com/padded-pan-seat-black-0278221

There are some who have successfully uncrimped the original and have redone them themselves, but patience is the key when attempting such a task.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1