Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2402 / Visits Today: 2402
Highest Active Users: 2402
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 A little Seat Time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
briggs9498 Posted - 02/24/2012 : 22:33:16
We finally got a little snow again about 5 sloppy wet inches this morning. Enough to try out the new chains I bought for the 7016H. Pushed the heavy snow no problem. I don't see a need for wheel weights on this surprisingly. Still need to get some tensioners for the chains. What does everyone use? I've used the rubber circular tensioners I don't know the technical name for them. Have also used bungee cords crossed.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
briggs9498 Posted - 02/28/2012 : 18:30:42
I think I might settle with them the way they are now. Maybe I'll shorten them before next winter. Looks like we could get 6-9" in the next couple of days. I'm excited to play with the tractor again.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/27/2012 : 06:27:33
Looks like fun! I've noticed my 23-10.5x12 chains fit like yours do...they run big, and I have a friend who found that also. My 23-8.5x12's fit like a glove. I do use the circular and bungie tricks on the outside of the wheel, and it keeps them sung and in place all season. I quit wrestling chains. I put them on best I can, get them pisitioned right and they never budge with a bungie.
skunkhome Posted - 02/25/2012 : 22:34:50
Getting the seat time is nice but that sloppy wet snow is not inviting at all.
Cvans Posted - 02/25/2012 : 19:15:49
I have had some that required shortening as much as possible. Even those came tight after re-inflating the tire. Might be such a thing that you will have to shorten them a little. If you have a vise,large screw driver, hammer, and vice grips it should be an easy job. They do look to wrap around the sidewall quite a ways. Might have been mislabeled.
briggs9498 Posted - 02/25/2012 : 18:13:25
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave

John & Chris. To me those chains look like they come too far down the sidewalls. I think they are for a one size wider tire. Just my 2 cents worth. Dave

This is what I thought because they are tightened all the way and still are loose. But the chains say they are for 23x10.5x12 tires and that's the size tires on it.
B10Dave Posted - 02/25/2012 : 17:32:48
John & Chris. To me those chains look like they come too far down the sidewalls. I think they are for a one size wider tire. Just my 2 cents worth. Dave
Cvans Posted - 02/25/2012 : 10:08:48
I use Johns procedure and have never needed any type of tensioner.
If you can push that half set cement without weight you should be good to go.
Like you back up light. They are really nice at night.
midnightpumpkin Posted - 02/25/2012 : 01:58:33
Before you do anything else, let the air down in the tires and spend some time getting the chains really tight. Then reinflate to your normal pressure. I can see from the pictures that they are way too loose.

You should not need any bungee's.

John U

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1