Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1598 / Visits Today: 1598
Highest Active Users: 1598
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 The HB112 Lives

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
briggs9498 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 14:08:14
I got my HB112 running today for the first time in a year or so. Had to rebuild the carb and patch the gas tank. I also put a brand new throttle cable on it. She fired right up though. This tractor seems to be the factor of a rollover. Everything when I bought it was bent except for the hood so I think it was off when it rolled. The grill frame and trim is in rough shape as is the steering wheel but I have since straightened out the seat pan. I took the lift arm off and thought that the spare one I have would fit. But no such luck, are the lift arms different between a B10 and HB112? I have also ridden it of the John Deere wheels but yet to find a donor seat to put on it.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
briggs9498 Posted - 02/24/2012 : 13:41:58
No my HB112 has the single hinged seat pan but my early B110 has the double hinged pan. Now I'm curious and I'm going to run out and see what size the shaft is on the B110.

*Edit my B110 has the smaller rock shaft. I'm stumped does anyone have an extra lift arm around that would fit?
B-16_IC Posted - 02/23/2012 : 23:12:28
That one's a mystery to me (the shaft size I mean). The one I have with a larger shaft is a early B-112, a late B-112 I have has the same size rockshaft as both earlier and later foot draggers. It also has that odd double hinged seat pan, does your HB?
briggs9498 Posted - 02/23/2012 : 21:32:15
Yes it did take quite a tumble. That makes sense if the shafts are bigger on these because the lift lever I stole from the parts machince Landlord 101 doesn't fit on the shaft. When did they change to larger diameter rockshafts?
B-16_IC Posted - 02/21/2012 : 23:35:37
Yep, that'd be bent! Yikes! Is that one with a larger rockshaft? I havea 112 with a bigger shaft, makes parts robbing tough! That is a desirable model for sure, not often found!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/21/2012 : 20:58:45
They certainly took a tumble, didn't they! Wow.
briggs9498 Posted - 02/21/2012 : 20:10:31
I wish that adding a Hydrolift was feasible but don't want to spend the extra money on one right now I'd rather buy a whole tractor. Here's some pictures of the damage.

larry8200 Posted - 02/21/2012 : 05:07:44
I have replaced bent valves with used ones and hand lapped them in with great results, I'd have never thought of straigtning one in place though. Be interesting to see how it holds up over time.

What you need instead of a new lift arm is a hydrolift, I have come to the conclusion that those manual lift arms are dangerous, sticking up the way they do. Especially in a roll over.
briggs9498 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 23:11:57
These Briggs are tough one of my ten horse is running in a block that was ran with no oil till it detonated. Of course theres a new crank, piston, and connecting rod in that one. Another one seems to have been run dry on oil because the oil pan was loose. The whole frame was covered in oil and grease. I pulled that one put some rtv on the oil pan bolted it down. Walah fired right up runs good no knocks only a little lifter tap. Burns very little oil too to be amazed. Lastly this HB112 came to me with no compression because of a bent valve. Dumb guy I bought it off of thought it would be good to put a car spark plug in it NOT!. Well I straightened the valve with vise grips right in the block. Fires up and doesn't skip a beat amazingly. I actually have the rod that goes to the rear lift I just need a lift lever/arm as the one that was on it was bent past salvation. I'll take a pic of it to show the damage the rollover took on it. I just hope no one was hurt on it as these things weigh a lot.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/20/2012 : 16:14:41
That's a great machine you have there! Glad to hear she's back in business. I never have been able to find one close enough to grab up, ro at the right time at least. All the variable and hydro machines would have used a longer lift rod vs the shorter B-series machines. I needed one for the 3212H, and it took me a while to find the right one pop up (with a rear lift bracket). There sure isn't much room down through there to fish one through, but it works like a charm.
larry8200 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 15:02:15
quote:
Originally posted by briggs9498
... She fired right up though. ....

The Briggs cast iron singles never cease to amaze me. Glad to see it running.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1