Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 19484 / Visits Today: 13487
Highest Active Users: 19484
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 A "Blue" Jewel in the rough.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
larry8200 Posted - 01/03/2012 : 16:53:49
Well, maybe not so rough. Everything works and works well, the Vickers case has been bushed and just seeps a smidgen, starts right up and runs/drives like a top, no smoke at all, even the steering is tight :) Man! I love these old Briggs!!

It does need the hydro flushed and the cooler put back in. Has electric lift/PTO, front PTO, and a rear Simplicity lift and mule drive to run a tiller. And the lights work too.

Only one problem and this is kind of funny. YEH! He put a new main drive belt on, and its a gates power rated that runs on the bottom of the pulleys instead of up the V like the slightly fatter Simplicity belt would. Anyway it would have been ni biggie EXCEPT it has been very wet, and today it was just 5 with a stiff wind, the tractor was froze to the ground, and the belt slipped before it would break free Suffice to say after 45 minuites I would have killed for a hat! No frostbite though. :)

I think it was worth it. After parading around in front of the winter crew, they voted unanimously to keep him.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
joe fess Posted - 01/07/2012 : 15:11:05
Larry I have a question for you. Are the front wheel widths on other tractors of same size groups the same as Homelites,wider stance in front over rear?

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/04/2012 : 06:23:14
Woulda been neat to see a footdragger Homelite. Maybe someone needs to 'make' one? =] I'm thinkin a 16 Briggs pushing a Vickers, hydrolift and finished in roundhood sheetmetal. Have some decals made up and get some blue and white paint...hhmmm..
acb10_64 Posted - 01/03/2012 : 22:53:33
Very cool Larry! I hope you paint one of these, the blue and white looks really sharp!
larry8200 Posted - 01/03/2012 : 21:55:44
quote:
Originally posted by sammiefish

looks nice....
and its got one of those Corvette generators on it!!

Yup, and a Briggs engine and a Simplicity transaxle.

And I'm going to fix you up with one, just wait!! :)
larry8200 Posted - 01/03/2012 : 21:53:34
This T-16H only needs the filter and fluids in the rear end changed, and the cooler and shroud put back in. And I have all that on the shelf. So there is no question about that. It also has a ball hitch, a small plus. Thr hydro and transaxle work fine, but the fuids are just a touch milky. Condensation from not being run enough probably. Nothing I'm worried about. I have a spare Vickers hydro and matching transaxle but I want to keep it that way.

In addition to this T-16H I am running a 3212H, 3314H, and 3416H which all have the same hydro/transaxle.
sammiefish Posted - 01/03/2012 : 21:43:22
looks nice....
and its got one of those Corvette generators on it!!
larry8200 Posted - 01/03/2012 : 21:42:55
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Very nice...I really like that rig Larry. Did this one bump the shuttle back a place in line for a face lift?

Well, I bought the T-16S for the engine originally, to replace the K301S in my 7112H, then thought the tractor kind of cool. Since there is no need to make a decision on that till spring, I'll procratinate.

BUT: A tight hydro trumps a flaky shuttle here. No question there. And the shuttle on the T-16S needs to be torn down. Not that bad a job, you just need to keep all the parts in order and CLEAN.

But: They WOULD make a nice pair.

BUT: I am creeping back up to 30 tractors, too many to keep up.

WAHHH!!!!!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 01/03/2012 : 21:30:22
Very nice...I really like that rig Larry. Did this one bump the shuttle back a place in line for a face lift?
larry8200 Posted - 01/03/2012 : 19:08:39
quote:
Originally posted by oldsarge

Larry;It's got a cooler coiled up on top of the transmission,or is that a still?

Yeh, I liked that, Could be a still. I figured $5 worth of scrap copper probably.
oldsarge Posted - 01/03/2012 : 18:42:48
Larry;It's got a cooler coiled up on top of the transmission,or is that a still?
simplicityacnut Posted - 01/03/2012 : 18:11:25
nice tractor larry,gotta love the briggs
larry8200 Posted - 01/03/2012 : 17:35:06
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

When it came to sheet metal it is as if the AC designer just walked down the parts aisle and said "I'll take one of those and one of these, and oh that looks like it might work if I turn it upside down.

I think your right, I dont know what to make of these, except that seem built well. And it has my favorite driveline from front to back. It looks like a cone clutch will go right on it, then the driveline would be identical to my 3416H, except that has a machanical front PTO.
skunkhome Posted - 01/03/2012 : 17:09:53
When it came to sheet metal it is as if the AC designer just walked down the parts aisle and said "I'll take one of those and one of these, and oh that looks like it might work if I turn it upside down.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1