Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 17636 / Visits Today: 15985
Highest Active Users: 17636
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Put the 725 to work

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
larry8200 Posted - 05/01/2011 : 17:33:33
Greased and changed the oil took the near perfect seat off and stored it, and put a nicer wheel on it, then hooked the Turf Groom 136 to it and went to work. Had to get the front yard cleaned up. That Turf Groom practically de-thatches the lawn. Then I called the tractors, and 8 came running, with 6 no-shows.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ByronC Posted - 05/08/2011 : 12:53:18
quote:
Originally posted by ASEguy

Byron, I was a mechanic for 30 years and a certified Chrysler technician for ten years. I burned out on cars several years ago. When I bought my '03 Dakota I got manual windows, manual locks "etc". That's why I like older tractors big and small. They are simple, reliable and rugged. This newer stuff with 40 plus on-board computers really sucks to work on. People like their bells and whistles until they see the repair bill.

Amen to that. It's not that I dont know how to work on the new stuff, its that I cant afford the proper scan tools.
ASEguy Posted - 05/06/2011 : 21:05:28
Byron, I was a mechanic for 30 years and a certified Chrysler technician for ten years. I burned out on cars several years ago. When I bought my '03 Dakota I got manual windows, manual locks "etc". That's why I like older tractors big and small. They are simple, reliable and rugged. This newer stuff with 40 plus on-board computers really sucks to work on. People like their bells and whistles until they see the repair bill.
ByronC Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:28:29
Fella's,
I love it that you love your Simplicity tractors.
But if Allis-Chalmers had never been a part of Simplicity and chose to build something else, I'd still be an "Allis-Chalmers" Man.

Some of you like the round hoods. I do not. But that's ok.
Heck, I HATE!!!!! CARS AND TRUCKS!!! I spent 20 years as a Ford Master Tech and it ruined Automobles for me.I look at them and I can only see what's going to break..
So, I keep my 1994 5.8L (351)CID Bronco with over 400,000 miles on it running.

Insert Image:
larry8200 Posted - 05/04/2011 : 21:25:18
quote:
Originally posted by acdad

Its funny how some of us like the Allis' even though except for the 300/400's they were built by Simplicity. Its definitely all the same but I like my armrests and the yellow of the B's...lol

I do to. Even though my 250 pound but's more comfortable in the low backs.
acdad Posted - 05/04/2011 : 16:02:23
Its funny how some of us like the Allis' even though except for the 300/400's they were built by Simplicity. Its definitely all the same but I like my armrests and the yellow of the B's...lol
larry8200 Posted - 05/04/2011 : 07:43:35
quote:

I seem to remember a certain someone who adores his Big Ten.....? and I am glad he does) lol

Yup, I do love my BIG TEN, it's one of the 4 tractors I wont part with, However, the only tractors I have that weren't both designed and built by Simplicity is the AC 312 and a Wheel Horse LT1100. And since the Landlord 101/BIG TEN were already in production when Allis bought Simplicity, there is no way you can say a BIG TEN isn't a Simplicity tractor, well... you can say whatever you want.
larry8200 Posted - 05/04/2011 : 07:23:53
quote:
Originally posted by 1014211

Larry, you really do have a great collection. The next group shot you do though should be replicating this Simplicity photo, but yours would have all tractors!
BTW - the sheep is optional!

Well, thats Simplicity's 74 lineup. Starting from the right, I will not have a sheep competing for BEST mower, Next is a 3416H Sovereign, My main ride, then the next could be a Landlord 3410S, which I have, then looks like a 5008 Broadmoor, which I have, and one of the rest could be a 637 Yeoman, which I have.... Whers that sheep? Baaa aahh ahh :)
1014211 Posted - 05/04/2011 : 07:01:35
Larry, you really do have a great collection. The next group shot you do though should be replicating this Simplicity photo, but yours would have all tractors!
BTW - the sheep is optional!

acdad Posted - 05/04/2011 : 06:51:58
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200

quote:

Its like something out of a 12 step program meeting:

"My name is Larry and I am addicted to Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden tractors"

everybody in the group all at once now....... "HI LARRY!"

No,no, no. That might be right for you, but for me it would be "Hi, my name is larry and I am addicted to Simplicity garden tractors."

Now wait a minute.....I seem to remember a certain someone who adores his Big Ten.....? and I am glad he does) lol
larry8200 Posted - 05/03/2011 : 22:00:11
quote:
Originally posted by LordByron444

Gee Larry, I got it...
Buy a couple of 9020's or 620~720 Allis' to use as the ENGINES.
Hook all the rest to them, Advertise a Kiddie ride and charge a small fee for the Kids to be pulled around the yard!!!

That might work, but I was thinking I should petition the state to declare the collection an National Historic Treasure, and then the FED would build a 5,000 square foot museum and staff it with 20 maintenance technicions and curators.
ByronC Posted - 05/03/2011 : 21:38:05
Gee Larry, I got it...
Buy a couple of 9020's or 620~720 Allis' to use as the ENGINES.
Hook all the rest to them, Advertise a Kiddie ride and charge a small fee for the Kids to be pulled around the yard!!!

larry8200 Posted - 05/03/2011 : 19:44:40
quote:

"My name is Larry and I am addicted to Allis Chalmers and Simplicity Garden tractors"

No,no, no. That might be right for you, but for me it would be "Hi, my name is larry and I am addicted to Simplicity garden tractors."
acdad Posted - 05/03/2011 : 18:22:25

ByronC Posted - 05/01/2011 : 21:25:08
No wonder you don't have time to send me my rock....

Larry..... Do you not see a problem here?

Look at your pictures REAL CLOSE!!!!!.

Count the tractors.....

Count the impliments.......

Larry......
We all will pray for you.....
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 05/01/2011 : 21:20:32
Yeah, I try to stay at ONE of everything =] I can't imagine what kind of mess I'd have if I had multiple of everything...I need your kind of space! =]

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1