Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 7392 / Visits Today: 1395
Highest Active Users: 7392
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Looking at my first RBT

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
truckman Posted - 04/09/2011 : 12:30:34
Hi guys. I'm looking at getting a RBT haven't finalized the deal yet but I have a question.
What is the difference in mower decks from the FDTs to the RBTs?
The tractor I'm looking at doesn't have a deck and I have an extra deck for a FDT and just wondering if I can make it work.
Thanks.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
truckman Posted - 04/21/2011 : 23:47:11
The shifter is a genuine Hurst so maybe it will stay.
No onto the problems I have found. Need to get a couple of bushings for the shuttle gear box and the small brake pad. If I can find a carb I should have it running this weekend. I got the Cilinder head cleaned up at work today, I have a new set of points for it but no carb. Time to call some friends and see if anyone has one there not useing.
B-16_IC Posted - 04/21/2011 : 22:12:24
Doesn't look too bad. Looks like you are jumping right into the resurection, good for you. I have made a lot of shifts with a handle like that, but only in cars and trucks. Is it a genuine Hurst, or nameless?
truckman Posted - 04/20/2011 : 22:01:43
So as promised here are some photos of the new to me RBT and my first RBT at that.

It's not real nice but should make a good mower when I'm done.

The motor didn't seem to have any compression so I pulled the head. Luckily everything looks ok, probably just dry rings. It does need a carb as it didn’t come with one. Anyone got a spare for sale?

A bonus I got a custom shifter with the deal LOL

Here are the shuttle parts going to work with me tomorrow to be cleaned and re-lubed.
truckman Posted - 04/16/2011 : 22:41:56
So I got the "new" rbt home today. (yes I will post photos soon :))
I'ts a 7013 no deck, belts shot, no carb, tires dry rotted, but mostly complete and unmolested.
Should be fun to rebuild and the price was right. I traded an old farm king lacking a moter even up.
ASEguy Posted - 04/12/2011 : 19:53:31
I don't know how to do the quote thing, but Mike I agree on the blade speed on ZTR mowers. A friend of mine has one and I swear the mower got lighter when I engaged the blades.
skunkhome Posted - 04/09/2011 : 22:34:04
Oh a shuttle! My favorite!
simplelife Posted - 04/09/2011 : 21:06:29
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200

I personally wouldn't mind if my 48" decks spun a little faster, I like mowing at about 2800 RPM with my 3416H. I believe some "yoyo" figured max safe feet/second for mower blades long ago and we have been stuck with it ever since.

I haven't seen the figures published anywhere, but those new ZTR mowers have to be spinning a lot faster as fast as they move across the yard and still cutting the grass clean.
truckman Posted - 04/09/2011 : 16:55:03
Great info guys! Thanks. Based on this I now know I can make
it all work out. Should know tonight if I can make the deal or not.
Also its a shuttle shift my first. Can't wait!
larry8200 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 13:50:13
I personally wouldn't mind if my 48" decks spun a little faster, I like mowing at about 2800 RPM with my 3416H. I believe some "yoyo" figured max safe feet/second for mower blades long ago and we have been stuck with it ever since.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/09/2011 : 13:42:41
Never noticed the pulley thing...I have had RBT's with the narrow-adjustment FDT deck on them. Either the pulley was swapped out, or we were doing some super-sonic mowing! I know of two guys right now running FDT decks on RBT's and this was never even a thought...
larry8200 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 13:21:09
Yeh, the FDT decks have a smaller pulley and adjustors closer together than the RBT's. If you put a FDT deck on an RBT, it will run faster than designed, and there may be clearance issues with the adjustors and running boards. Also, the FDT decks have a chain attached to the deck and the RBT's have a cable with clevis on the tractor that pins to an eye on the deck

larry8200 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 13:03:33
I think the PTO pulleys are different size from FDT to RBT (except 3300 series which have the old style PTO) and the drive pulley on the mower deck is larger on RBT decks. Have to look into that...
truckman Posted - 04/09/2011 : 12:49:15
Very cool thanks for the quick reply.
It looked like it would fit but without having them
Closer together I needed to make sure.
Thanks!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/09/2011 : 12:34:45
A 42" will fit anything...a 48" will fit the early variable drives, and the RBT's. The FDT's has the adjustment screws closer together, I beleive, so when used on an RBT, I've seen the running boards modified to allow the FDT 42" deck. Any 42" deck will fit any FDT.

Thes ehave been my observations...so far =]

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1